Letter Says Donor Was Promised Ambassadorship

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 15, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

another thing that would have brought down clinton, but will probably leave bush untouched.

i hope i get to eat those words.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Not in our lifetime. Bush will be lauded upon his "retirement" from the Presidency as one of the great Presidents of the modern age. Rose-colored glasses will point out his "strong" response to "terror" (a word becoming much-diluted) and will ignore the fiscal ruin, the environmental rollback, the attemp to distmantle the social safety nets, the pre-emptive war and the disdain for human rights or due process. "The next Regan" they'll say.

People in this country are so jaded, they're only interested in the appearance of a strong, intelligent leader, not the reality.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Hasn't this been standard procedure for years?

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What's ironic is that a number of the major players in the Clinton "scandals" -- Troopergate, Whitewater, etc. -- were former Clinton associates who turned on their boss precisely because they felt Clinton didn't reward their work with appointments to plum government jobs. These petty people (among others) ended up dedicating their lives to destroying Clinton's presidency.

Would that Bush had such enemies. :(

5. pdham macrumors member

As much as I dislike this practice it is nothing new and certainly nothing Bush is more or less guilty of then every other president in the last 100 years. Its called the spoils system. It is so common that it was a topic for discussion in my Advanced Placement American Government class (and exam) back when I was in High School.