"LexSleeper" Security Problem???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean7512, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Yesterday, I installed my Lexmark Z515 printer with the cd. Today, I restarted my mac, and I got a warning message saying something like this...

There was a Security problem with the program "LexSleeper" that is in your startup folder.

Then I had 3 choices, One was Fix, one was Decide Later, or End. I clicked on fix, and my printer seems to be working just fine, but what the heck was that? I have never seen that before, should I delete that folder from my startup folder? Anyone know?

Edit: Sorry for such a lack of an error message, I can't remember everything after doing my Calc 2 homework.
  2. BauerPower24 macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2007
    Same problem

Yeah, I get that. Every time I boot or restart, I get that dialog box... I took a screenshot and it says:
    Then I have a help "?" button, "Decide Later", a large space, "Disable", and "Fix".

Does anyone know what it means? Is this program safe, or should it be deleted? Can it be deleted safely?
  3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 68040

T'hain Esh Kelch

Aug 5, 2001
    I was baffled when I got the same mysterious popup this morning. But it is definately related to the Lexmark x1130 driver i installed yesterday. So I would definately presume that it is same...

But very strange...