Lexus supercar is the new Supra

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jan 20, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

hmmmmm...

The front looks like a Pugly.
    The back a bit of a Zonda and a Le Mans.

Easy there fella...obviously this guy hasn't been paying attention to Bugatti's bragging ways... :rolleyes: build the car first and THEN let it do the talking... otherwise you'll look like a t*t when it isn't the fastest, isn't the safest and definitely is not goin to be the most emotive. ;)

And Lexus 'emotional'... in what way?? they're just a poor pastiche of the worlds most desirable marques.

rinky dink link

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Oh yeah, I'm always getting emotional over a jumped up Toyota :p :D

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Just checking it out in my new Autoweek...I'm leaning towards fugly.

And now is not a good time for Toyota to be speaking about its F1 credentials.

Still, there's hope...maybe some of the aero stuff on this concept was lifted from Ferrari? :D :p

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Ehhh... I still like MY car:

Lots of fun!

Simple and elegant, but clings to the road like you wouldn't believe... I love zinging around sharp curves at high speed. :)

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

lucky you didn't buy a pre-revision one then... ;) heheheh.

nice by the way. ;)

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Actually, this is my second TT... first was a 2000, black (never get a black car... you can't keep them clean). It had no rear spoiler, and I never had any problems with that... you hadda go like 100 MPH for the aerodynamics to get squirrelly on you.

Traded it in for this one in 2002. No complaints... but the newer TTs (2006 model coming out later this year) have that big new grille that's on the A6... I don't like it as much.

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

and yet bugatti still should ship built+ship cars first as well ;)

just a few days ago they brought a tv-report about a new modified Porsche 9ff (a tuning company in germany) based on the porsche turbo:
    max speed according to tech sheet: 372,2 km/h

but in the test drive on the track they got up to 390 km/h..breaking McLarens's 388km/h record

and now they are looking towards breaking the 400

ontopic: at least that lexus doesn't look like a copied design ...or perhaps i can't name the original design ;)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the rear end of that Lexus is hideous, seriously whats up with those taillights and exhaust? i dont mind the front end styling as much as the back, but its definitely not the best looking car out there, i wonder how performance will be

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Wow, everyone will be able to afford one of these with the tiny 'sub-£80,000 price tag'. :rolleyes:

But I must admit that it looks pretty nice ;).

scem0

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

The 388km/h of the McLaren is bullsh*t... they had to fold bits in, and tape up stuff to get it to go that fast, although not quite to the level that Jaguar had to with the XJ220 when that ran at Nardo in the early '90's to be classed as the fastest production car... what did they do?? they disconnected the cats, and upped the rev limiter, folding bits in and all kinds to reach 217mph. I think that's cheating myself. ;)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't like the ass of that car one bit, but with a little alcohol, the car may look good from the front and side.

13. Bob21 macrumors newbie

Ah..a man after my own heart. Although, yours looks at lot cleaner than mine :D

14. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Are you even remotely aware that "Riceboy" is a racial slur akin to "Tarbaby?". Just because it's used without malice...

15. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Yup, you racist bastard.

16. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

If I were to refer to them as "rice rockets", would that be ok? I'm assuming "boyracer" is P.C. enough

17. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Hey, as a cracker, I'm not too sensitive about this stuff, but I'd imagine that rice references for Asians are up there with fried chicken and watermelon for African Americans. Ha! I'd usually say "blacks", but I think those two are pretty much a Black American association...

I'd always heard "rice rockets" associated with Ninjas and Katanas back in the late 80s, early 90s. I hadn't known the pimped up Asian compact car modifiers had appropriated the term...

How about "Sillymobiles"?