LF 2D (Data Matrix) Barcode Generator App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shadowfayre, Apr 13, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I am looking for an app that would import from an Excel (or Numbers) file a column of fields containing text into a bunch (batch mode) of JPG (any image format really). The ideal solution would grab each field of text convert it to a 2D barcode (Data Matrix) JPG file starting with the first row as say 1.JPG. The column could have 10 or 100s of fields of text (making 10s or 100s of JPG files).

Only thing I found with Google seems to be web based tools but that will not work as the data is in Excel and I really dont want to type in 100s of text fields in one by one :)

Is there anything out there that would do this?

Thanks,

2. macrumors newbie

Now, it is very convenient to generate Data Matrix barcodes. You can generate Data Matrix in many platforms, such as Java, .NET, etc. If you want to generate Data Matrix in .NET, you can use a .NET Data Matrix barcode generator SDK. You can put this in Google, and you can find much useful information like this.

3. macrumors newbie

thanks for sharing, the tool is useful. but for i who just need to do this once only, shall i cost hundreds of dollars to do so? do you know some cheaper or even free solutions?

4. macrumors newbie

nowadays, professional barcode require a lot of money, but you can use their free trial package if you don't want to cost any. besides you will need barcode generator that can be used for excel. yesterday, i look through the web and found one excel barcode add-in, hope it work for you.