LF keyboard keystrokes for firefox window toggle and to shut up the start up sound

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tkjazzer, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

Hello,

I usually have 2 firefox windows open on my new MBpro core2duo. I can easily keystroke through the various tabs in the windows but when i want to switch to the other window I usually hit Fn F10 to show all firefox windows then i have to drag my mouse and click on it. is there a key command for toggling between the f10 windows???? I can cmd tab through the open programs but it's not the same obviously.

Also, it's embarrassing as hell when you start up your macbook in 100 person medical school lecture hall and the startup noise goes off. I try to mute my volume before shutting it down but is there a keystroke to override the noise on startup?

T, good with PCs, still awful with macs but in love with this laptop.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For cycling through windows of an open application (any open application), Apple-` and Apple-Shift-` -- this character shares the key with the tilde (~), and is below the Escape key on US keyboards.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks!

thanks! i'm in love with the new keystroke.

i'll try to hit the mute button faster during startup and see if i can beat the noise.

macrumors beats mac-forums on the forum posts yet again. props to this forum being better.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, sorry, I think the trick is that you hit mute *before* you shut down. And then the next time you boot, you get no chime. The tinkertool thing in that thread should permanently disable it.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21156&vid=285017

The software is not free, but I think the way it works is that you can install it, disable this chime during the trial, and then uninstall it, and the chime will stay disabled.