LG Chocolate - Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VanMac, Nov 10, 2006.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Hey.

Anyone out there using the LG Chocolate?

From the posts I've read, doesnt look like it syncs to iCal, etc. I would really like that feature in a phone, and I'm in the market to upgrade. Anyone confirm.....the Sync Devices page on apple site does not seem to get updated that quickly.....

I was looking at BB Pearl. Nice looking phone. Data rates up here in Canada are ridiculous though.....looking at $90/month for unlimited data....

Anywho, any advice would be appreciated. Really would like something that syncs with iCal, and is a pretty sleek phone. I'm currently with Telus (CDMA)

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Last time I checked Telus 'Unlimited' data plan, it was limited to 250Mb/Month.

The LG reminds me of the old Nokia 7650

3. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Probably doesn't sync to iCal. Most of these phones are set up to sync with microsoft outlook, or to not sync at all.

The two phones are very different- blackberry pearl is a consumer smartphone with PDA functions, chocolate is a phone and MP3 player.

In the US it's on exclusive contract with verizon so I can't tell you what features it has in Canada, but I'm pretty sure it's not known for its calendar functions or sync with iCal.

4. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I'm a mobile phone tester.

Don't buy the LG chocolate. It looks fantastic but usability and features are extremely c r ^ p. The BB Pearl on the other hand....

5. douglas macrumors member

I've heard the same. I'm just about to purchase a Nokia 6265i (also form Telus) which is better rated. Not sure about ability to sync with a Mac, although I'm hoping photo downloads are possible via Bluetooth or with a USB cable, or as a last resort with a Micro card reader. Anyone have experience with this phone?

6. VanMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Thanks for the input.

I may just hold off a while, or switch providers. Telus' selection of phones is less then stellar.....

7. douglas macrumors member

I just picked a Nokia 6265i from Telus yesterday - very happy with it so far. No iSync, but file transfers to my Mac via Bluetooth work well (about 20 sec per photo).

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

How'd you get it to work? My mac see's the phone but I can't do anything with it :( Maybe because I dont have a minisd in it yet?

9. douglas macrumors member

Just walk through the steps on the phone's menu: setup>connectivity>bluetooth>pairing (be near your Mac with the Mac awake) . To send a photo to your Mac, for example, (with Bluetooth switched on, select the photo>options>send>via bluetooth>your Mac and voila.

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

ahh, I'll have to try that. When I use my mac to search it finds the phone but says I can only share addresses and use the phone as an internet connection. When once i click ok, it disappears and I don't see the phone anymore...ah well, I'll give'r another go. I really wanna be able to put pics onto the phone without have to boot into windows and use the Nokia program.

edit: Sweet! it works! thanks! :D