Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I just got the LG VX5300 phone and I'm trying to send a file to it via Bluetooth File Exchange. I did this before on my friends phone (not the same phone but it worked) but I can't seem to get it to work here. Anybody here have this phone?

Update: I have managed to send a file from my phone to my Macbook, but I can't send a file from the computer to the phone.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Maybe I should explain better.

I get the file I want to send and select the phone. On the computer it says "connecting to lg vx5300" but it never changes. On my phone sometimes it simply shows "please wait" until i close it, other times it says "check bluetooth stats of recieving device" after like 30 seconds.

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
Phil9579 said:
Maybe I should explain better.

I get the file I want to send and select the phone. On the computer it says "connecting to lg vx5300" but it never changes. On my phone sometimes it simply shows "please wait" until i close it, other times it says "check bluetooth stats of recieving device" after like 30 seconds.

I have a RAZR that I exchange stuff to via BT. Whenever it did something similar to this, I would put it next to the trackpad (or on top of my Mini) and it would start working.

And, someone else had the same problem, and when I said set the phone near the trackpad, the OP said it worked, so give that a try.

PS: If it's a desktop, try setting the LG somewhere near where the BT device is located.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I put it near the trackpad (im using a macbook) and the time it takes to get a connection error seems shorter. So I'm getting somewhere. :/

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Nobody? The phone and the macbook are actually connected for a brief period (about 30-45 seconds) but then its gets an error. If I'm this close surely it can't be very hard to actualy send the file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.