Lg Vx5300

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theman5725, Sep 23, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I just got the LG VX5300 phone and I'm trying to send a file to it via Bluetooth File Exchange. I did this before on my friends phone (not the same phone but it worked) but I can't seem to get it to work here. Anybody here have this phone?

Update: I have managed to send a file from my phone to my Macbook, but I can't send a file from the computer to the phone.

2. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I should explain better.

I get the file I want to send and select the phone. On the computer it says "connecting to lg vx5300" but it never changes. On my phone sometimes it simply shows "please wait" until i close it, other times it says "check bluetooth stats of recieving device" after like 30 seconds.

3. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

I have a RAZR that I exchange stuff to via BT. Whenever it did something similar to this, I would put it next to the trackpad (or on top of my Mini) and it would start working.

And, someone else had the same problem, and when I said set the phone near the trackpad, the OP said it worked, so give that a try.

PS: If it's a desktop, try setting the LG somewhere near where the BT device is located.

4. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I put it near the trackpad (im using a macbook) and the time it takes to get a connection error seems shorter. So I'm getting somewhere. :/

5. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nobody? The phone and the macbook are actually connected for a brief period (about 30-45 seconds) but then its gets an error. If I'm this close surely it can't be very hard to actualy send the file.