Libby Indicted on 5 Counts - Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 28, 2005.

1. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Cheney Adviser Resigns After Indictment
    AP - 14 minutes ago

Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, was indicted today on charges related to the investigation into the unmasking of a CIA operative. Libby was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury and two counts of making false statements, court documents show. Libby -- a major player in the Bush White House -- resigned soon after the indictment was announced.
    ------------------------------------

Poor Bush.
    First his grandmother pulls out of her SC nomination. Now this.

I heard good things happen in 3s. :D

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I watched Patrick Fitzgerald's news conference. I was VERY impressed by his professionalism. He didn't let himself get drawn into any speculation, he explained things in a clear manner, and he obviously holds high standards for himself and attempts to adhere to them.

How Bush picked him, I'll never know. ;)

Have to admit, I was disappointed nothing came down about Rove. But then, as Fitz explained it, the charges leveled are what he feels can be proven based on the testimony given. If an indictment of Rove does not follow (and he left open that possibility, albeit ever so slightly), I figure either Rove wasn't involved (hahahahahahaha!) or, more likely, he was clever enough not to incriminate himself.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The house of cards is beginning to fall. Can't wait to see who's next.