Library Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by gongonzabarfarb, Nov 28, 2006.

1. gongonzabarfarb macrumors newbie

Alright, for my graphics class we are using a set of headers called gmtl. http://ggt.sourceforge.net/ That's their project page. Anyways, in Windows and Linux, I have just stuck the files in a folder that is in the build path. /usr/include on Linux I do believe. Anyways, I had to do relatively little stuff to get it working, but I cannot for the life of me get it working in OS X. I stuck it in /usr/include and used g++ to compile some code, but it gives me an error along the lines of
    template C error with linkage

Anyways, I looked into using Xcode to compile and develop these projects and that just confuses me more. Can anyone point me in a direction of what to do? I'm a mac newbie so I don't know exactly how mac works yet.

2. cMacSW macrumors regular

Without the details of the error message, it going to be difficult to help. Does the distribution give instructions for building a unix version of the library? If so, this would likely be your best starting point.

3. gongonzabarfarb thread starter macrumors newbie

There is the output when using compiling with g++

4. cMacSW macrumors regular

Is there a configure option with the distribution?

5. fimac macrumors member

I downloaded the distribution (gmtl-0.4.12.tar.gz), and:

Code:
    cd gmtl-0.4.12
    g++ -I. examples/faqexample.cpp
    As expected, this gives one error: 'somethingUgly' is not a member of 'gmtl'.

Are you able to get same behaviour?