/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables a command instead of a folder in Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GeeYouEye, May 3, 2005.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Like the title says, instead of being a folder, as in Panther and pretty much every Apache installation I've ever seen, CGI-Executables is now a command. Is this right, or did something get fubar'd in the installation? And more to the point, what do I do with the stuff that WAS in that folder in Panther?

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

mines a folder but not sure what you should do since I never have used the default install of the web-server. how big is the file and what does it do tho?

3. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

The file is 100k, and when I run it it just outputs a generic error message. Interesting that yours is just a folder though... I may have to do some investigating as to just what this thing is...

EDIT: Ah, okay, I seem to have overlooked part of the error message... it's a WebObjects cgi. I have no idea why it's replaced my CGI-Executables folder though.

In fact... I wonder... okay, yeah, it looks like it's identical to THE WebObjects cgi that used to be inside the CGI-Executables folder on Panther. I still have no idea why the folder got replaced... they're not even the same name... I wonder if the syntax for pax or cp changed between 10.3 and 10.4 and it got screwed up in my reinstallation of WebObjects.