Life is.....Wonderful

Discussion in 'Community' started by OutThere, Aug 16, 2005.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Well, I needed some place to let it out, so I felt that I'd make a quick post here. I'm not really looking for any particular responses, I just wanted to make known my joy. :)

This past weekend I met an amazing woman, someone who is unique, intelligent and beautiful. We both realised that we had met someone we could talk to. It is the first time in a long while that I've had someone I felt I could really say anything to. Someone who has interesting, engaging things to talk about, and listens to what I have to say. In any case it has been a long time since I had a relationship in which it was so exciting to just sit and talk about life. After only an hour of (mandatory) time spent together, she and I both were interested...and up late into the night simply chatting.

In any case, since I don't have a rooftop to shout from, I figured I'd stop by here and express my feelings...and my hope that everyone can, at one time, feel the pure joy and ecstasy that I'm feeling right now. :)

Peace.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Congrats! :cool: Wish I could find someone like that... I usually end up having stuff like this done to me. :(

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Enjoy it while it lasts. Cocaine can give you the same pleasure. What the hell am I saying?

5. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Don't ever, ever, ever lie to her.

I'm getting married on November 12th to a girl like that, and I wish you the best of luck... but really, just don't lie about anything. That's the best advice that can ever be given.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Sounds fabulous :)

Fortunately I've been married to someone with the same qualities for (counts on fingers, stack overflow, goes to toes) 17 years now.

P'rhaps now you can lift the faceguard on that helmet, hrm? ;) :D

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

good luck, and i wish i things were going better for me, but as it stands, life is a big pile of ****, oh well, i will just have to clean it up

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

9. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Congrats.

I have a really really really good friends who is a girl (she's single). We do a lot together but we don't consider ourselves B.F. and G.F. Its sorta like Will and Grace. The two are pretty much perfect for each other. But I'm not gay, and neither is my friend. She's very attractive, smart (another doctor), funny, nice, etc.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hm, that's a smart one. To the OP, reread and memorize that sentence. Know it well. Let it be to you as natural as breathing in and out...

or face the consequences! :mad: ;)

11. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Congrats mate. It's fantastic when you find a woman like that....I should know, I have one :)

12. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

glad to hear about your lucky find, let us know how the realtionship develops

13. mpw Guest

Had her.

But seriously, congratulations and good luck. A good relationship is hard to find.

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

Congrats, I have a girl like that too. We are getting married in 24 days. :rolleyes: I am so excited... best of luck to you.

Oh, and clayj, dont give up.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't even know why you mentioned your friend since she's just a friend, but the mere fact that you mention how great and perfect she is in a thread about new romance probably indicates something....

16. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's perfectly OK to lie about gifts prior to giving them - nothing wrong with a little birthday/holiday gift misdirection. ;)

Other than that, though... good advice.

Edit: and maybe it's OK to be less than honest if, some day, the outfit might maybe make her look a little bit fat. if there's no time to change.

17. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Awwwww..... That's adorable :).

Congrats!

scem0

18. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Just don't go on oprah and prounounce your love for her wildly. ya know?

19. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Its sorta of a wierd relationship.

20. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Congratulations!

May I suggest a little Jason Mraz?

PS If the above link doesn't work, please visit the iTunes Music Store. Search "Jason Mraz". Play the lead track on the album "Mr. A-Z", entitled: "Life is Wonderful"

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Whatever you do, don't pour your feelings out to her like you just did to us. You might find her running for the hills. Good that you found someone, make sure you do what you can to keep her.

jon

22. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Yea I guess it is sort of like that. The thing is we've been really friends since college and now we work together. We go out to dinner with eachother, go to the movies, buy eachother gifts, and go to one another's family parties. So I guess you could say we're dating from a 3rd person perspective, but to us it seems more like a very close friendship.
    --------
    The next time or the time after you see here buy her a "cute" gift that will remind her of you when ever she sees it -and it best not be from the apple store because thats not exactly romantic.

23. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Good luck to the OP, be honest, be faithful, and by all means keep the lines of communication wide open. communication is the foundation of any relationship imho.

and as to Eric,
    Eric has a crush, Eric has a crush :p

Sorry i had to say it :D

Ed

24. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

No better feeling in the universe! Congrats, and I hope it all works out well for the both of ya.

I felt the same way when I met my wife, it was Eureka, and is going strong now, 15th wedding anniv this fall. Met in Dec, engaged in Aug, married in Oct.

Enjoy and have fun treating her right.