Life...

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jan 18, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ok, let go deep on this one...

I have been trying to find out how life work but looks like that the penalty for finding out is madness so, only traces can be defined but never the entire piece. I though the chaos theory could be found, I paid a lot of attention to what the Architect said to Neo in The Matrix, even it is a movie it was very well though that argument. The Architech is explaining that there is an order in things but always an small anomally that can be expected. The anomally in life is way bigger, life is like this nebulosa with color, wheigh but no actual shape, still it works perfectly in keeping itself alive.

One of the things I have found are the falowed:

1. Sex is one of the most strongest forces biologically and psicologically the "ego" is the other one, spiritually Love is the one that give you that much energy to go a little bit further while Sex can drive you insane sometimes.

2. On the other hand our moods are so chemistry based. Every single feeling has a caused that can be fixed by the correct diet and all of them, ina a healthy body, have an stipulated dead line. I mean, when you feel homesick just wait 3 days and it will be gone. If you feel down in the mrning just eat 2 bananas and in 30 minutes you will be fine.

3. Mental health is a personal responsability. People is responsible for changing and adapting his values or keeping them just the same. There is something called "Free will" and we are all free to choose and decide what path we should take.

There are more but those are complex enough I could say. For example, I have been here in the US for about a year, to find a girlfrind is a pain, I learned to spend a lot of time in the computer and forums, the lack of social contact was huge and so on. I go to my country (Venezuela) for vacation in December and in a week I got a girlfriend who is spectacular, I met more people in two weeks than in the US in a year, I didn't spend any time on the internet because people were calling me to go out, I performed twice as a DJ and doing visuals in a concert. Then I came back and the isolation strikes as well the north american way of living fullfiling the emptiness of human contact with technology. I was telling to one of my friends down in Vzla that the US is so advanced and dependent on tv and internet because they have too much free time, back home we all have cellphones and that is it, we spend time with each other way more.

But that is just some sort of analisys about cultures and stuff, the point is that undertanding things from some basic principals the way of living can be undertood, always giving a huge space to the unespected because in this world when you thing something is not there you just take a look once again and there it is.

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

3. wwidgirl macrumors member

wwidgirl

Few things:
    1. Not everything can be fixed by diet. Sometimes you just feel like crap and no matter what you eat you'll still feel like crap. It may still be chemistry but some things just can't be fixed

2. Mental illness isn't always a person responsibility thing. Some people are just mentally ill and there's really nothing they can do about it. These people are extraordinarily rare and I contend that most people who say they're "depressed" are actually just going through the natural ups and downs of life but that being said, there ARE people who are honestly and clinically depressed.

3. Maybe the reason you're not as social in the US as you are in your home country is because of the language barrier? I usually tend to not talk to people who's first language isn't English. Yes it's a failing in myself and i'm not proud of it but I don't think it's uncommon. I mean, it's easier to talk to people who can understand me and who I can understand.

4. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

5. 3Memos macrumors 6502

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

<sarcasm>oh wow, and here I thought that this thread was just going to be another depressing rant. Boy was I ever wrong :) </sarcasm>

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

There are also societal issues at play. One is the stigma in looking for treatment. And then there is affording it. And even if you can afford it, you are reported in some damn database, and your insurability then is affected.

8. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Ahhh...the old meaning of life question.

The answer is sex. Straight sex. Those of us who are gay are really just around to help straight people discover ways to look more attractive and get more sex.

In all seriousness:

Procreation is the only thing that every form of life has in common - and most forms of life do little else. Even our most complex desires, dreams and aspirations revolve around propagating the species and providing for our offspring.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You're born naked, hungry, and wet...then things get worse.

10. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

2. Mental illness isn't always a person responsibility thing. Some people are just mentally ill and there's really nothing they can do about it. These people are extraordinarily rare and I contend that most people who say they're "depressed" are actually just going through the natural ups and downs of life but that being said, there ARE people who are honestly and clinically depressed.

Its my experience that mental illness is not rare at all(there is a question here about norms and how people are forced into them).The predujice against people who are "mentally ill" is ridiculous,you are much more likely to be hurt by someone who is "normal" than one who is not.Mainly I see bright funny people who are sidelined because they can see through the "be a good citizen" crap. "life is a sexually transmitted disease"

A good example of this is statistics(I know they may well be rubbish)that show 53% of male inmates of U.K. prisons have at least 2 personality disorders.Which the Physciatry(sorry I've never been able to spell that word)industry won't touch as they're at aloss as to what to do with them.They're just different.Stalins USSR weren't the only ones to bang up those that think different.

11. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

That's your lot, get over it.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Wachowski brothers, they nicked all their ideas off Philip K. Dick and the Matrix is a good video effect plus a lot of bad acting.

The only films that really reflect aspect of life are a series of comedies by renown joker Ingmar Bergman...

12. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

:D part from red wine... nice pinot open now actually.

13. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Um, yes?

Sounds like the obvious suggestion would be to move back to Venezuela.