Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Just bought the lifeproof frē for the 7 plus from Best Buy's website. It qualified for 2 day shipping and I received it on Sat. I put it on this morning and I must say that they have put some thought into developing the case.

Yes I know the iPhone 7 and 7 plus are water resistant. But remember. There's a difference between water resistant and waterproof!!!

Fit: nice and slim. Just a few mm thicker than the phone. There is also no air gap between the screen and the protector.

Sound: for being covered, the sound is great. Not muffled. And you don't have to open the lightning port to produce a louder sound.

Overall: this case is very nice. A big improvement from the previous versions that I've owned.

Last edited:

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
Can you please post some pics?? I've been wanting this case for weeks. I should of ordered it like you but I was hoping Best Buy stores would get them this weekend. They didn't.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah. I've just been really busy. But I'll get those pics ASAP.
Busy as far as the "rainbowing" effect. I haven't seen any at all. For now.

I was also hoping my local Beat Buy would have it. But I wasn't gonna take a risk. Especially with free 2 day shipping.

I might also add. That they have a lanyard loop where the headphone jack would be. And also it comes with a pry tool to open the case instead of using a coin and ruining that corner from prying.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
Hey guys just an update. My lifeproof for iPhone 7 plus I ordered for $39 is prepping to be shipped. I just left Best Buy and bought a lifeproof fre for the regular 7 for $39 also. I'm not sure if it's a screw up but they didn't wanna give me the $39 price. I finally talked them into it. So order why you can guys.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
That's dumb that they won't price match. I understand if it's not a local competitor. But it's their own website. Lol but I'm glad that they price matched.

dennisjr631

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
That's dumb that they won't price match. I understand if it's not a local competitor. But it's their own website. Lol but I'm glad that they price matched.
I've read your original post but I'm wondering how your liking the case after a couple days of use ??

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
So far, I'm really enjoying the case. It's very slim, has pretty good grip (IMO) the fit of the case is really good. I'm glad they fixed the muffled sound. And everyone can hear me too.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Looks like the deal is over folks. Case is back to regular price

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Ok I just looked on Best Buy's website. There's a special code you can type in Lifeproofdeal at check out, it's $50.00 off the case.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
What's with that gummy looking home button? Are those grey areas near the charge port speaker grills?

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
What's with that gummy looking home button? Are those grey areas near the charge port speaker grills?

Yeah. That's how the membrane is on the home button. But it still works flawlessly. As far as the gray areas near the port, I think it's just there for aesthetics. I played music and the sounds still comes from the bottom.

I'll check into it.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Yeah. That's how the membrane is on the home button. But it still works flawlessly. As far as the gray areas near the port, I think it's just there for aesthetics. I played music and the sounds still comes from the bottom.

I'll check into it.

Thanks, still no oil slicks under the screen?

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I caved; I've had horrible experience in past with LP. If it sucks and screen rainbows, again, I'll dump it online lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.