Lifeproof iPhone 4 Case - Waterproof, everything proof

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bawstun, Jun 3, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Bawstun

http://www.lifeproof.com/lifeproof-store/apple-cases/iphone-4

New cases available for pre-order for $69.95

The other thread got locked because it went so far off-topic, but these cases definitely need a thread...

If anyone orders and receives theirs, please review here for us on the fence.

[​IMG]

There are some videos on YouTube of the case...

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I signed up/pre-ordered - didn't have to pay so not sure what the purpose was.

However I feel this product is product is starting to take on the aspects of VAPORWARE.

4. macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

That phone is dropping in a stream of assumption.

5. macrumors 6502

Can't wait for your review of it. Your videos are some of the best and most thorough on YouTube. And your voice doesn't annoy me lol. :D

6. macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

LOL, thanks!

7. macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

If they ever finally get around to releasing this, and it's good, I will be buying for sure. Great range of accessories too, like the belt clip and bike mount.

8. macrumors newbie

I actually did pay, using PayPal. However, I agree with the previous poster, this thing is definitely looking more and more like vaporware.

9. macrumors regular

lgreenberg

Hey Larry long time follower.. usually listen before buying or trying but bit the bullet on this one. cant wait for the review..

hopefully this does not turn out like vapor ware but there is a FB page and there are a lot of followers

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bawstun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uki_WpDLC_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0M-y4dM-dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQWU6IBvHdM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-iTE49Atk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqfTEfhFy8

Different YouTube videos of people testing/drowning whatever their LifeProof cases. One of them is a comparison of size Lifeproof vs. Otterbox.

My main concern with this case is going to be the screen/plastic whatever it is. Is the touch feedback going to be good enough for typing, as far as how it recognizes your finger touches. Also clarity of the screen - how much light does it allow and can you still read everything clearly.

I just can't justify dropping $70 until I see some reviews. Definitely interested though...

11. macrumors 6502a

Those who pre-ordered and got a purchase link and placed an actual order will have their cases shipped around the 17th of June. I am one of those people. I should have a white case soon and tell you all how I like it.

12. macrumors regular

mrbunglez

Pre ordered 2/25/11 and Got the purchase link 5/28/11 and paid for it the same day. Also put my name in for the iPad case.
    If you go to everythingicafe.com there's a guy who got a beta case from lifeproof and put up pictures comparing it to an otterbox defender.
    Just search for "lifeproof case".
    I'm the one who started the thread.

13. macrumors 68030

I may be wring, but isn't the screen portion just puffed plastic? When I first saw the case I thought it was hard plastic, but then in their demo it looked like a baggy raincoat and out me off.

Anyone?

14. macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

That's awesome!

Glad to hear people are actually getting a link to purchase - or were.

Hope they come soon.

15. macrumors regular

looks like a cool case, price is too high though.

16. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

@h00ligan. It looks that way in some videos bur some it does not. Not to sure as we will have to wait till atleast till the 19th to get an answer.
    @lgreenberg can't Wait for the case
    @gadget monster it is pretty expensive but if it does what it is supposed to then I am happy. Also look at the vapor it's like 90 but way less protection.

17. macrumors 68030

nateo200

If the claims of its durability are true then the price is fine. Some of the otter boxes aren't even that protective (at least for what I would need) and their pushing 50.

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bawstun

Any updates?? Still curious to see a real hands-on review of this case before purchasing. :(

19. macrumors 6502a

Updates on what? It hasn't been released yet.

For people who received their pre-order purchase link and have actually paid, the first shipment is June 17, and shipments will follow each subsequent week. This info is all over their facebook page.

20. macrumors regular

I preordered back in February as well. Mine should ship out on the 17th and I'll be sure to post pictures and a review.

21. macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered a white one, hoping for it to ship on the 17th as well. I hope it is as good as I think it is!

22. macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

I saw a review on this of someone actually submerging the iPhone on a full bathtub and it would float. What nerve!

23. macrumors regular

There's a video on YouTube of the CEO freediving with his to at least 10ft.

24. macrumors 65816

25. macrumors 6502a

The price is way less than insurance or phone replacement!