Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
has anyone found out any details on when the lifeproof nuud case is going to be released for the iPhone 6. I know lifeproof is very secretative when they release their cases. Like when the fre came out it was a sunrise email this was sent to order them.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Lifeproof has been very unresponsive to questions about anticipated release dates. They're constantly inundated with questions about it on their Facebook page and always give the same canned answers - some variation of "We're working on it" or "We'll let you know when they're available".

I've been looking at the Wetsuit cases by Dog and Bone - they're not available yet either, but their prices are lower than Lifeproof and they look to be good cases. As soon as they release one for the 6+ I'll be buying it - I've pretty much given up on Lifeproof.

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
I see that the nuud for the iPhone 6 is now bestbuy Canada website

http://m.bestbuy.ca/?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10342981&lang=en-CA

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010

Attachments

• LifeProof iPhone 6 Nuud.JPG
    LifeProof iPhone 6 Nuud.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 430

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Looks like the photo of the case has been updated on their website. Unfortunately still not available for order yet and what the heck is going on with the holster!? Wonder when those will come out if ever.

Mulley2472

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Good info I just saw that. Too bad the case won't released until 2015. Is rather they start with the nuud case and then the fre. The nuud is superior in so many ways

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Looks like the photo of the case has been updated on their website. Unfortunately still not available for order yet and what the heck is going on with the holster!? Wonder when those will come out if ever.

The holsters always come out after the cases. I believe with the iphone 5 case the case came out in November and the holster wasn't out until January.

radtechy

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Lifeproof Nuud IPhone 6

I'm having a feeling that the Touch ID is gonna be a hassle on the nuud if the front is like the otter box defender. I tried the defender and I had to be exact to get a read of my print. And I tried programming with and without the case on.

As for my fre....I would get some errors by following what they say by having the Touch ID setup before the case is installed and I would get some errors....well I don't care what LP says I added another print with the case on (the case has not been taken off since it went on) and the Touch ID is practically flawless for a day so far.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Lifeproof has been very unresponsive to questions about anticipated release dates. They're constantly inundated with questions about it on their Facebook page and always give the same canned answers - some variation of "We're working on it" or "We'll let you know when they're available".

I've been looking at the Wetsuit cases by Dog and Bone - they're not available yet either, but their prices are lower than Lifeproof and they look to be good cases. As soon as they release one for the 6+ I'll be buying it - I've pretty much given up on Lifeproof.

Thanks for posting this; one of the biggest things I'm interested since visiting that site is the speaker ports. Mophie has that design with their products and it makes the speakers sound sooooo much better. I would love to see a comparison between the nuud (or fre) vs the Dog and Bone. The iPhone 5 design does not have the front holes.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks for posting this; one of the biggest things I'm interested since visiting that site is the speaker ports. Mophie has that design with their products and it makes the speakers sound sooooo much better. I would love to see a comparison between the nuud (or fre) vs the Dog and Bone. The iPhone 5 design does not have the front holes.

I have a dog and bone wetsuit for regular IP6 on the way. I'm interested too!

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I have a dog and bone wetsuit for regular IP6 on the way. I'm interested too!

The other big thing I'm considering is the plug section for the power and audio...I like life proof's design better, but I can't judge it against dog and bone. Let us know what you think of that please.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
The other big thing I'm considering is the plug section for the power and audio...I like life proof's design better, but I can't judge it against dog and bone. Let us know what you think of that please.

Will do. Unsure when to expect it since it's coming from Australia.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I'm waiting for it to but unfortunately nothing.... LifeProof (Otterbox) is really dragging their feet on this one.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Lifeproof Nuud IPhone 6

Called again today and still no update and got the usual; "we don't know when until it comes out also" line. Very disappointing! Kinda wish OtterBox didn't take them over as they seem to be getting dragged behind because of them.

Looks like the Dog & Bone Wetsuit case is going to be what I go with. Right now just waiting for Dog & Bone to release the belt clip of LifeProof to finally come out with the Nüüd.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
crap...i have a week long trip to mexico coming up...cant be without a waterproof case on the beach for a week! March 1st!

i am seriously thinking about selling my 6plus and buying a iphone 6 just so i can have the case.. urgh!!

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
crap...i have a week long trip to mexico coming up...cant be without a waterproof case on the beach for a week! March 1st!

i am seriously thinking about selling my 6plus and buying a iphone 6 just so i can have the case.. urgh!!

There are other options for the 6 plus. The dog and bone wetsuit is available now and seems to have pretty good reviews (at least for the iPhone 6 version), but I haven't used it personally. In my opinion it's a bit too thick and there is no belt clip available for the 6 plus yet. It does have an exposed screen like then lifeproof nuud.

There is also the seidio obex, which I have been using for the past 3 or 4 weeks now and I'm pretty happy with it. It is reasonably thin (although a bit wide and tall) and is available with a belt clip. It has a screen protector like the lifeproof fre, which is a bit less than ideal, but it doesn't bother me too much. The only issue I had was that the film that covers the home button isn't very flexible and made the button difficult to press in the beginning. As I've been using the case for a few weeks now it has definitely gotten better. My cousin also got an obex case for her iPhone 6 and the home button was much easier to use on hers, so its possible that I just got a bad case.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
oh didnt know about seido. may give that a shot before i go and return it if its not too good.. dog and bone, shipping takes forever and i am leaving in 10 days or so.

thanks!

----------

just looked at seidio case on amazon and youtube. thing is pretty huge! but looks like for now this is the only option i have..

----------

http://www.amazon.com/Engadget-Zone...sr=8-3&keywords=iphone+6+plus+waterproof+case

any idea about this? reviews seem very good?

----------

or this...

http://www.amazon.com/Merit-trade-W...iphone+6+plus+waterproof+case#customerReviews

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
The seidio obex is big, but it's reasonably thin and it curves in around the edges which makes it seem thinner. The size really doesn't bother me.

The other two are actually the same case... There are a number of people on amazon selling that one for various prices. I used one of those cases for a week or two and it was ok, but it is thicker than the obex and I did not like the thickness.

If you're just looking for something to use while you're on vacation then it might be a good way to save a little money if you can get past the thickness and lack of belt clip, but I'm not sure I'd want to use that case all the time.

Last edited:

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Lifeproof Nuud won't be here until iphone 7 is my bet at this point. Why even bother.. Everyone who wants water protection has found it elsewhere. Myself, Dog & Bone...

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
yea at this point i literally only want it for this trip for accidental drops or beach,pool etc.. after that i can do more research or get something better. may just order either seidio or the other since its amazon prime and try them out on my trip.. worst case, i can just return them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.