Lifetime ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macmadant, Aug 29, 2006.

?

Are you a lifetime macuser

1. Yes, lifetime

38 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. No, but been using mac for last 5 years

28 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. No

28 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. New to mac

26 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I was Just wandering what percentage of the Forum members Are Lifetime Macusers, i know i am as my very first computer was a mac, so i never new any different, so vote and see what we get

2. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Y dont you make a poll?

3. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep Done

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

No. I've been an admirer since the elementary school days where we'd use Macs. I got a Mac mini the day they came out and more recently a MBP.

5. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, i think it was fate that i was meant to get a mac, as we had the money, ready to buy a PC, but my dad Spent it all on something else without telling us, (which caused upset:rolleyes:) and then my uncle said i could have his computer (which was a mac) as he was getting a new one(which was a mac), but now, i'm glad my dad spent the money, because if he hadn't i may still be using a PC now

6. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

The only two significantly expensive computers I've owned (the Powermac G5 and now any day now my Mac Pro) have been Macs.

7. furious macrumors 65816

furious

my first computer was a Mac in 1991. then we had PC's after that, because of compatibility. Now i have a MacBook. my life is now free. :p

8. whatzupcm macrumors newbie

I have just recently baught a macbook for my college computer needs, but I've known people that have been using macs for many years now

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It wouldn't be possible. I had a computer 3 years before there was a Macintosh. ;) I didn't get a Mac until 1993, I believe but that's about as long as some of our members have had them.

10. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

I'm a lifelong Apple user, started with the Apple IIe, then moved onto the Mac IIcx, been sticking with Macs ever since.

11. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I still consider myself new to Macs (I bought my first last August)

12. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Unless you want to get technical, i have been using macs since 2001 (imac G3). My family stopped using that in 2003, and got a PC. In 2006, i got my mini, and love being back with macs :D

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You should have said lifetime Apple users, since some on here have used Apples since well before the Mac. ;)

14. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah lifetime user, before 2000 I was scared of PCs :) now I embrace them with wide open arms :D but I haven't abandoned my Macs (the horror) ;)

15. milozauckerman macrumors 6502

My instinct is to say no (bought my first Mac in 2001 after having PCs at home since a Tandy 1000), but when I think about it...

I'd swear my elementary school was rocking the Apple II in the late-80s/cusp-o-the-90s, but it may have been another kind of two-piece Mac. Not a Windows box.

In junior high we had Mac labs - I wouldn't remember, except we had to 'program' with HyperCard. Ah, junior high 'computer science' - typing tests and HyperCard.

Then in high school the journalism department had one-piece Macs (maybe Color Classics?) running Photoshop and Pagemaker. Horrible, horrible beasts. Never worked right, crashed randomly, devoid of RAM - I'm kind of amazed that they were even networked. Senior year we got a pair of the first iMacs, they were like manna from the gods.

And Photoshop and Pagemaker on those led directly to me buying a G4 tower when I had the cash a couple of years later.

16. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Switched last year and now addicted...sold Mac Mini (1.42GHz PowerPC) and picked up TWO Intel Core Duo...!!!

20" iMac & 13.3 MacBook this past June LOL

I'm already saving up for MacPro this Spring '07

17. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

The first computer we had was a LC II in the early 90s. In 2000 I went to the dark side and got a Dell. Switched back again in early 2005 and will never change now.

18. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I voted yes becuase I personally have only ever owned Apple computers - got my first in 2001.

However, I had obviously used PCs before that, but that doesn't cout right? :p

19. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I have been using Macs on/off my entire life.

I grew up with the Macintosh SE (I believe it was released in 1989) and played my first games on it :D

Otherwise I have been using them for work but have only just (this may) bought one for myself.

20. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Been a PC user most of my life, had a old powerbook 520, but I didnt use it for long, got my powerbook almost 2 years ago, will never go back... even if im forced to use windows at work... :mad: :mad:

21. Queso macrumors G4

First used Mac in '91 (aged 19), bought my first one in '95. Had both an iMac G3 and a PC laptop for a while, then bought a PowerBook to replace the laptop. Still have to use Windows occasionally, but it's all Mac both at home and in my business.

22. ictiosapiens macrumors regular

My first ever computer was an Apple II c... But after that my family went pc, so I was stucked with dos... from the 286 until the pentium m... But this year it all changes!!! Well, as soon as apple fills my requirements(merom, discreet graphics and 12-14 inches)

23. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Started admiring the flavoured G3 iMacs when there was on advert on a few months before Christmas.

Few months later I had one.

Then due to incompatibility with stupid Schools Windows stuff - I went back to Windows with a Toshiba Laptop. Then a Media Centre from HP.

Enough was enough. Since then (about the past 4/5 years) I've had 2 iBooks, 3 Minis, 1 eMac, 2 iMacs, urm.. I think thats it (and many iPods).

Mac4Lyfe :)

24. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I've been using Macs since I got an iMac G3 about 7-8 months ago. I did also have a Dell dual P4, but I found myself using my Mac much more often, even though it was a tiny fraction the power...

Then a few months later I got a MacBook Pro, and now my PC has moved out of my room alltogether. I'm wanting to sell my PC as I'm using it in a studio. I know a Mac would be much better for that job...

25. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Since January 26 this year. I currently use a Mac mini (PPC) and a Mac Pro has been ordered. The MP will replace the Mac mini and my fairly prehistoric and noisy PC.