Light Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kjdenison, Apr 14, 2005.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I reformatted my main HD and reinstalled 10.2.8 which is the main boot disc for my G5 and after installed, i restarted as it asked, and it loads through the white page with grey apple, and the light blue page with the square box with the loading bar, but rite after that it just stalls on a light blue screen. It appears to keep trying the drives to start up, but it never does. I have tried restarting, and unplugging everything, and putting a different disc in, but it continues to come to the same dead end. I cant for the life of me figure out what to do! Are there any combination of keys i should be pressing to force a reformat or something? All my stuff is backed up so that isn't a problem, what can i do?! I really appreciate it!

Kurt

2. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried all the support ideas on apples site that relate to this problem, but nothing helped. :(

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Don't know what could be causing the problem, but if you put the install disk in the drive, and start up with the 'C' key held down it should start up from the CD and allow you to re-install the OS.

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Reset the PRAM with command-option-pr

Now hold down the D key to select the internal hard drive

or try resetting your Mac then holding down the Z key this forces the computer to boot from the first bootable partition found.

The only things that want plugged in when booting are keyboard / mouse and display.

Have you made any physical changes to your computer, like replaced the graphics card installed a second hard drive or added more ram.

If you have added any ram - take it out.

Graphics card- if you changed to something like the Nvidia 6800, this will cause problems as theirs no drivers on 10.2.8 CD. Put the original card back in.

Unplug the second drive.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I had something like this happen to me years ago soon after I migrated to OS X. All of my OS X font files somehow got corrupted. I was able to boot into OS 9 and get my data off, but I did have to reinstall OS X.