Light gaming using OpenOSX WinTel

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by joecool85, Apr 9, 2006.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Processing wise the games should be able to run. However there might be a problem wise. According to the system requirements MotoRacer requires Direct3d and if i remember correctly anything DirectX doesn't work under any emulation program (QEMU, Wintel, GuestPC, VPC).

You might try Q, which is a free emulation program running QEMU. That is what Wintel uses as well.

3. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Hmm. Ok, well I emailed OpenOSX this:
    and got this back

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Hmmm.....

They're not considering the usage of DirectX.
    Maybe they're right, but they are trying to sell you their product...

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Yeah, it does sound like they are trying to get your money. I still say try Q if you already have the game. Both Q and Wintel run the same emulator so one isn't going to be any better than the other.

You really have to look at if the games require DirectX or OpenGL. If it does then most likely it will not run on either program.

If you really want to test and see if Moto Racer will work then I suggest downloading Q, installing Windows, and trying the Moto Racer demo.

Here is a comparision of Q and Wintel if you are interested: http://www.appletalk.com.au/articles/index.php?article=17703.