Light Was Created by God's Voice (Here's the Proof)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GodBless, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

A college student at Western Kentucky University made an important discovery (although some of the university's teachers didn't like the discovery) from various class lectures of his professors--the discovery that when word hits water, it creates light. This isn't too new of a discovery though because the Bible (in Genesis 1:2-3) gives a similar description about the process that this college student's teachers gave him. What is new is that science finally figured out how this process can actually happen.

Click here is a news release regarding this story.

Click here for Genesis Chapter 1.

(I gave a link to 2 versions of the Bible for a purpose; the King James Version is the most accurate but the New Living Translation is easier to read because it is translated in today's English language. Read the King James Version and if you have any questions then the New Living Translation might answer them for you. For a side by side view of the versions on the website that I linked (BibleGateway.com) click on the icon toward the top of the page which is titled "Columns". For a Hebrew dictionary that contains the meaning of each of the words in Genesis here is a link.)

Here is an audio link where the student was interviewed.

Here is a link to the student's website--where you can get a lot more information and even purchase his proof.

2. vniow macrumors G4

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Is this for real?

Did he do any actual experiments, or just make a huge leap from light being produced by sound waves in a medium all the way to God speaking the universe into existence?

4. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

I am not "blank"ing and I am not kidding either. ;)

5. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

it doesn't really mean anything

it doesn't prove that god created the world in this way
    it just shows that you can make light using sound

6. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

According to the discovery (and Genesis 1:2-3) everything that is physical God initially spoke into existence--so yes--even the keyboard you are typing on was initially created by God--it's just that those materials (that make up the keyboard) were modified by man to form the keyboard into what we call a keyboard but is actually dead animals (probably dinosaurs)--that is if it is made out of plastic since petroleum products are made out of dead animals. Yes, all materials metal, stone, minerals, wood (you name it) was all God's work from the beginning.

7. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I'm a strong believer in the *free* exchange of ideas and generally a believer in the ideas that arise from this process. This just looks like a scam where you find innocent people how are too "dumb" to understand anything about science and pinch them for a few paypal bucks. Total crap. Sorry. That's just how it reads to me.

8. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

If thats what you believe.
    BUT just because sound makes light when it hits water doesn't PROVER anything.
    I respect your religion but it doesn't prove the bible was right, nothing can really prove that, it's only your faith

9. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

The great thing about the discovery is that it proves that God's word, the Bible, stands as more powerful than science because science (which is the discovery about the physical world) couldn't even exist unless God spoke the physical world into existence.

Boy, this is a good time to recommend the signature link at the bottom of my posts.

10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

My comment was directed towards the fact that he is selling this 'proof' (and if you buy now you get 2 free books also, one of which is entitled The Science of Getting Rich; sounds very reputable to me).

11. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

There is absolutely no scientific discovery here at all. Only an idea pulled out of a very large ideological jump from Sonolumination to Genesis.

And I'm not just talking out of my *** here, I have a PhD in Materials Science from the University of California. To call this a discovery, rather than a hypothesis, is just misleading.

12. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Also, the radio interview is off of his own site, not on another site. And what "Student" has a website like this to post all of his/her findings?

And the news article isn't exactly a scientific journal either...

13. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Don't tell me that evidence doesn't build a person's faith--even I don't believe that.

The truth never lies.

14. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

[Princess Bride Voice]You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means[/Princess Bride Voice].

B

15. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Again, IF thats what you belive.

Just because you see this as the only way the universe could be created, doesn't meant that it IS the ONLY way it could have been created.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And I suppose god created wind after he ate taco bell and got some really bad gas? :rolleyes:

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Perfect rejoinder, exactly what I was looking for. (Although maybe it should read [Inigo Montoya].)

18. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

No i don't say that, what i am saying is that it builds faith, but you can't take that and say that this is evidence, my religion is correct because of this.

19. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

I don't go and say, "oh look, the universe is expanding, i can prove that the big bang DID happen because of this" and no real scientist would take one piece of evidence and use it to make a claim

20. vniow macrumors G4

21. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Scientist's don't do religion. What I mean is that most scientists go into the science field because they want to learn more about the world to hide from God and use his work, not to praise him for the work that he's done. What scientists make themselves believes often contradicts the reality that God created but when scientists tell the truth that is when God's wonders are often discovered (such as in this case with the sound creating light).

For example here's a little science history:

One time a scientist claimed to have a transition fossil that was half human and half primate (i.e. half monkey, ape and/or gorilla). The fossil was believed to be a true find and got a lot of attention but it was later tested and proved to be false. What really happened was that the scientist making the claim stuck a jaw and a skull together--one was from a human and the other from a primate. Evolution is an example where scientists try to hide from the truth. God created life--we didn't just happen to evolve.

22. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

worldnetdaily. oh boy. the uncleaned litterbox of web "journalism".

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Me too. I hate to have to go to bed in a minute and miss out on all the fun.

Maybe before I go to bed, I'll knock out a tooth and use the sound of my snoring to prove the existence of the tooth fairy.

24. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

*Trying not to get angry*

*Drinking cup of tea*

OK, I'm not really sure where to begin here. You're quoting an example of a single (alleged) unethical act by a single scientist in order to discredit the entire theory of evolution? Is this your actual stance that you're taking in defense of creationism?

Also, I'm not exactly sure how sound creating light is evidence of 'God's creation'. Why isn't it evidence of Bang and Olufson's creation? Or Bose's creation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.