Lighting Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slooksterPSV, Oct 16, 2004.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Hey I just updated my Wallstreet with all of the OS 10.2.8 security patches and now when I put my laptop to sleep it won't turn the light behind the screen back on. I have to restart my laptop just to get it to work. And when I restart it, the light won't turn on till it gets to the login screen which I have to press the brightness button. How do I fix this?

2. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Try resetting the PRAM. If that doesn't work, move to the NVRAM. Instructions can be found on Apple's Support site.

4. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Tried resetting PRAM and PMU, nothing has worked.

5. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Right now I'm going to try and reinstall OS 10.2, and its hard because I still have no back light. I can't even press the brightness button to turn it back on. Lets hope this works. I can't stand not having a backlight, and I don't want to have to take out the PRAM battery and replace it.

6. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

This person on the Apple Discussion board said to try and charge the backup battery. If its discharged though, then it would take 48 hours, otherwise it would only take 4 hours, with no battery in any of the bays. At least thats how I understood it. Right now, I'm trying to get a tech tools disk to see if that works. Thats how the one person got it to work. The other thing the person said to do was to use an OS 9 disc and boot up with that and then restart into OS X.

7. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

The TechTools disk worked. I used it in school and it worked. The backlight is fixed. Now I need to buy it. Now I need to start a new thread for the video on this.