Lightroom Drag n Drop Exporting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by M@lew, Mar 31, 2007.

1. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

In Lightroom, you can drag and drop a copy of the master image to a location. (e.g. the desktop) But can you drag and drop a copy of the edited image? e.g. If I adjust red-eye etc. to an image, can I set it so that when I drag the thumbnail to my desktop, it'll export THAT image and not the original?

2. Celso Dantas macrumors newbie

I'm searching for the same feature. =/

i'll probably stick back with Aperture for this. I do lot's of iMovie/Final Cut movie and include photos on them and would like to use Lightroom for editing and photos preview.

extra steps' not good.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

You can export the copies anyware you want. I've not tried drag and drop as I run LR fullscreen

4. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I did not even know you could do this, I will try when I get home.

Wen you drag/drop, it doesn't export the edits, just the original file? That seems a little counterintuitive.

Anyhow, you can set up presets in LR for exporting. That way you can standardize size/compression/format, etc. for exporting. The way I have it configured is I have a number of export presets, with different outpus (i.e. output for web, output for print, etc). When I r-click on the picture and select the export preset, it asks me where I want the file to go. Pretty easy. I even have an export preset that uploads the exported pics directly to my webspace.

Ruahrc

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Just tried the drag and drop on original and edit, both moved to the desktop.

For your info I'm using Lightroom 3.3