Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
In Lightroom, you can drag and drop a copy of the master image to a location. (e.g. the desktop) But can you drag and drop a copy of the edited image? e.g. If I adjust red-eye etc. to an image, can I set it so that when I drag the thumbnail to my desktop, it'll export THAT image and not the original?

Celso Dantas

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2008
I'm searching for the same feature. =/

i'll probably stick back with Aperture for this. I do lot's of iMovie/Final Cut movie and include photos on them and would like to use Lightroom for editing and photos preview.

extra steps' not good.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
I did not even know you could do this, I will try when I get home.

Wen you drag/drop, it doesn't export the edits, just the original file? That seems a little counterintuitive.

Anyhow, you can set up presets in LR for exporting. That way you can standardize size/compression/format, etc. for exporting. The way I have it configured is I have a number of export presets, with different outpus (i.e. output for web, output for print, etc). When I r-click on the picture and select the export preset, it asks me where I want the file to go. Pretty easy. I even have an export preset that uploads the exported pics directly to my webspace.

Ruahrc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.