Like my Nike+ gear (pics)? Show yours!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattyMac, Jul 25, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Here's my foot gear. Post yours!

Nike+ kit, nano, and my black/blue moires!
    [​IMG]

Inside with foam insert.
    [​IMG]

Close up of foam insert.
    [​IMG]

Chip and foam insert compared.
    [​IMG]

Close up of the chip in the shoe.
    [​IMG]

Last shot.
    [​IMG]

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Silly :p

anyways nice kit! I'm wondering how waterproof the shoes are, just i'd hate them to short and blow my feet up.

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Haha thanks...I actually read somewhere that the sensor was made to be quite waterproof...has to be since alot of people have sweaty feet!

off for a run now!

4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Nice...with any luck I'll be assisting at a shoot for Nike+Ipod shoes next week...not sure where the shots will go but I'm excited anyway. If I ran I would definatley pick these up...sadly they don't make Ipod+Skiing or Ipod+Biking or Ipod+Hockey. The second they do, I'll hit the apple store.

5. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Resale value on used Nike+ Kit can't be all too high. ;)

6. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nice...so you are a photographer?

Think you'll score any free merch from the shoot?

7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Yah but I'm only in highscool. My best friend's dad is a pro and I assist at his studio sometimes. The only free stuff we get is golf clubs, because the client never wants them back. There must be 40 or 50 top of the line clubs stacked against the back wall :eek: . We give them out as presents to big clients and my boss's family members. Sadly Nike never leaves shoes lying around. Dosen't matter much to me though 'cause my dad works for them :D

8. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Where did you get the black shoes with the blue inside? I have only seen red inside.

9. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah...I ordered them from finishline.com

They are my favorites!

10. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apples secretly made a deal with FDA and Nike to promote running, and get a crap load of obese people off their feet. Now with the nike ipod running shoes, it'll give people a reason to run.

/sarcasm

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i actually think there may be an element of truth in that. there are s***loads of obese people in the developed world (particularly America and Australia), and anything to get them away from the idiot box and deep-fried chocolate-coated honey-covered butter lumps has got to be a good thing.

Its great marketing for both Apple and Nike; they give an excuse for people to pay a premium for Nike+ shoes, and to continue to buy the iPod Nano like its going out of fashion.

12. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I love my Nike+iPod kit - but I'm hating the trainers themselves. I've got the Air Zoom Plus trainers, and its the removable insoles that are killing me. They seem to dig into the arch of my foot, and it does get quite painful. Don't have the same problem with my normal Nike runners. How do you find the fit of the insoles MattyMac? I may well get some sports gel insoles, but after forking out for the Air Zoom Plus' I don't see why I should. If I can't get a refund at Nike Town, I'll get shot of them on ebay I think, and just get a Marware receiver pouch....

13. martin1000 macrumors regular

mmmmmm......deep-fried chocolate-coated honey-covered butter lumps. (He says in his best Homer voice.)

Interesting comment about the fit of the sneakers. Anyone else find the sneakers uncomfortable?

14. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Is their some kind of pouch that would allow you to put the sensor in shoes other than nike, i remember hearing something about that?

I also have heard of velcrow as a way to attach the sensor to other types of shoes! Let me know if anyone else has tried this!

15. mckvakk macrumors regular

I love those shoes. But i don't think they sell thoes over here, and thats one thing i don't want to buy on ebay :(

16. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Here's mine. :)

I fashioned the Podophile mod and just finished sewing the velcro onto my old pair of shoes. Probably will need to buy a new pair since I can feel the pavement and my feet hurt.

Attached Files:

17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have tried on all of the nike plus shoes, and IMO, anything but the Air Max 180, and the Shox Turb Oh are garbage. Not to mention the fact that the Turb OH is rather heavy, I wouldnt want to run in it.

Using the sensor in other shoes works just fine. I put it in the same spot as spicyapple, with no problems.

Hopefully in the future Nike will make some better Nike+ shoes.

18. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

I use a Nike Shoe Wallet with my Reebok shoes, just clips on to the laces. They cost under $10 should be able to get them from most sports shops and Nike stores. It is a lot larger than the Nike+ sensor though, I just stuff a couple of dog poop bag in with it since I run with my dogs.

Attached Files:

19. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah I love my kit too, and I can see what you are saying about the insoles. They do seem to stick out quite a bit at the inset of your foot. However, Luckily they don't seem to bother me too much when I run. I really like my moire's...very light...comfortable...and nice to run in.

The bad thing is however, my nano just broke and I have to send it in for servicing to apple and won't have it for a couple weeks:(

Here is my thread on it: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=226801

First one to actually post a picture as I requested! Thanks.

Niiiiiice!!!

Looks pretty cool.