Lime Coke

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Lemon coke is very popular in asia.. i usually drop a wedge of lemon in my fountain coke. :)

3. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Lime Coke would be perfect if you could remove the Coke and add a little Triplesec and Tequila...

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Why does it have to be 'diet'? Diet drinks suck.

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's why the industry should move to Splenda - its so much better than equal or the pink stuff. Shasta is actually using it in their diet sodas, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere locally.

D

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I like lime soda but I can't imagine liking lime in cola as much as lemon or cherry.

I wouldn't be surprised if their food technologists come up with another 2 combinations this year. I know that coffee is the rage, but is Coca-Cola (or Pepsi-Cola) falling that far in the overall beverage market?

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

yummy!

I happen to drink a lot of diet coke. I agree, it is an aquired taste, but now I prefer it. Regular coke now seems too heavy and sugary. I didn't much like lemon diet coke but I am excited for this one..

Attached Files:

8. wHo_tHe macrumors regular

I drink a ton of diet soda (probably literally a ton, over a year). I much prefer diet Pepsi to diet Coke; All varieties of Diet Coke have a strong, super-sweet aftertaste, much like their original "Tab" diet soda had.

[​IMG]

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Re: yummy!

Have you or anyone you know experienced memory loss that's been connected to aspartame used in diet products?

10. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I think it's because there are a lot of us who despise diet drinks because we get a metallic taste in our mouths from the aspartame. Adding a little bit of flavoring lessens it and makes the drink tolerable. I didn't drink diet anything until Diet Coke with Lemon. I don't know about lime, though. Maybe I'll have to add some rum...... ;-)

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I tried the Vanilia Pepsi and didn't care for the taste. The lime or lemon doesn't sound interesting at all. I do like Cherry Coke though. It is a great alternative drink. I will admit that it is not as good as the original. Growing up I remember having fountain Coke with the cherry flavor added at the resturant.

12. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Alternative choices

Have you seen any Diet Rite or Diet RC products where you live? Those are my diet colas of choice as they also make use of Splenda brand sucralose.

13. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No, I haven't seen them, but I'll have to look harder....thanks :D

D

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Now THAT'S an idea...non-diet Lime Coke with a splash of rum...mmmm

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

We use Splenda all the time at my house... boxes and boxes of the stuff for diet stuff...

No massive bitter aftertaste...

Good stuff.

16. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

We're really not getting the full range over here in the UK.

Vanilla coke, love the stuff. Always liked Cream Soda when I was a kid but can't find it anywhere and it was too sweet last time I drank it, this is WAY better!

Cherry Coke rules when I can't buy vanilla.

Diet coke doesn't taste too nice to me, I don't like it. Even pepsi tastes better than diet coke to me, it's got this horrible synthetic sort of taste, absolutely minging.

How do I know I won't like diet coke with lemon or lime? could be great.

Going on a tangent here but does anyone find people who buy diet drinks absolutely hillarious sometimes?

Someone orders a 12" Deep Pan Pizza in some take-away, spends loads extra getting it all piled up with extra toppings and stuff, totally holding up the que 'cos you're starving and just want something simple off the menu and then you can get a taxi home. Then, while you're still there waiting, they get the sudden realisation that people might think they're greedy so they order a diet coke with it instead of a normal one as if it some how redeams them of their obvious greed on the pizza order.

Cracks me up when that sort of thing happens. :D

17. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Perhaps the person enjoys the taste of diet drinks? A good 75% of the people I know drink diet drinks, whether they are dieting or not, and whether they need to be dieting or not. I enjoy pizza, and I usually order it with pretty much every topping on the menu.. but nothing would ruin dinner faster or more completely than drinking a sugar-filled soda. I find the taste cloying and nearly enough to invoke a gag reflex. But I don't deride people for ordering, and paying for, and enjoying their food... Guess I missed the recruitment poster for the Food Police.

18. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Re: Re: yummy!

Wait.... I can't remember....

I started to drink diet coke for a while. I probably drank 3 a day, then I got horrible headaches. (And I am not usually prone to headaches.) I stopped drinking them, tried to reduce stress.. they went away, but I think it was the caffeine or something in the diet cokes that were messing with my head...

19. hardon macrumors regular

lol

and

Attached Files:

20. evolu macrumors regular

Diet Hansens uses Splenda.

I bought some on accident - diet drinks taste nasty.

21. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

IGA and Piggly Wiggly have them here in th US

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Dr. Pepper > Cherry Coke > all :D

I do like that pic though, it kicks ass.

now off to class with me!

23. squeakytoy macrumors newbie

I haven't seen any mention of Diet Vanilla Coke in this thread (or did I miss it?).

It's probably my favourite flavour here (ins Australia). The vanilla does an excellent job of hiding the disgusting Diet Coke/sweetener taste. Regular Vanilla is waaaaay to sweet and sugary.

I used to like Diet Dr Pepper too (but not as much as the real deal), but Dr Pepper didn't do too well here. I think it's almost extinct :(

24. sonicbaz macrumors member

Coke

Love the plain old Coke and could drink it all day long if it wasn't for such a heavy dose of sugar. I think they should sell Cokes at a colder temperature though, for me it only works when it's chilled down.

I like peeling off the label on the bottles and just staring at this strange not so healthy looking black liquid in a bottle sitting on my desk. Weird that the product is black but I associate it as red.

Pepsi-Max is my usual drink.....except when I start to get jumpy then I drink water.

My most uhealthy food combination is a large packet of chips washed down with copious amounts of coke, but you don't really eat the chips you just drink the coke while you have a mouthful of chips and it turns into a sugary salty fatty wonderful party. aghhhhhhhhhh *drool

sonicbaz

ps Cherry Coke tastes like cough medicine.

25. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Coke

I do prefer just plain Classic Coke to diet, lime, or lemon.

You should try fountain Cherry Coke, that is a very special taste. Maybe I like Cherry Coke, because I don't really mind cough syrup. It's better than coughing.