Limewire not opening in MAC OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BBallLinds, Nov 28, 2005.

1. BBallLinds macrumors newbie

I downloaded limewire and it was working fine until one day I went unto my computer and it was no longer in my dock. So i went into the Mac HD and tried to open it that way and it would open in the dock bounce twice and then disappear out of the dock. I did that numerous times until I then decided to go to limewire and re-install the program again. Well that didn't work. I just want a application where I can download music for free. If anyone can help PLEASE help me. Lindsay

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Sigh.

iTunes is free. And it will allow you to download music. And pay for it. In a legal fashion.

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Hmm, that seems unusual as I've never had a problem with Limewire. However I have come to prefer using a program called Acqlite. I find it gives more search results but doesn't hog all of the graphic memory like LW does.

And of course we should all remember that downloading music for free is illegal :)D)

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

There's a sticky at the top of each page that says to not discuss illegal things. (warez, serialz, etc.)

Use iTunes, don't steal music.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's fine if you want to talk about Limewire or other P2P applications, but please don't say anything about what you're going to do with it. Obviously, they can have legal uses but talk of anything other use is forbidden here.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

Doesn't sound like it's worth a big a sympathy call to help you download free music.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Additional clarification: You may discuss P2P software (including bugs in that software), but you may not post information about where to access unauthorized content (copyrighted material being distributed without permission or payment) or how to bypass the security of a serial-keyed application.

8. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Free...music? I'm pretty sure you can't get free music, unless you listen to a person play their violin in the skyways. Or listen to the choir at church/school. Then there's the 30-second snippets on ITMS.

Or the people that made it give it to you.

And some other ways to get free music, I guess.

(Yes, that was an edit)

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

No one said he's downloading free music. Jeeze guys, lay off, there's legal uses for P2P apps too.

Try repairing permissions if it won't open. Yesterday Activity Monitor was just bouncing in my dock and not opening and repairing permissions fixed it.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

There's plenty of free music out there, such as iCompositions.

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Actually we are beating the person up for saying just that...

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

WTF :confused:

he wants it to work for free music

13. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

She, most likely. Not he.

*goes back to student papers*

14. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I forgot about stuff like that. Whenever I think P2P I think about illegal stuff, I'm not very educated in that part of technology (or any other part of technology).

15. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

I remember that guy! He's always by one of the garages near the Target Center. He's been noted KDWB too. He's probably one of the most famous bums in the world!

16. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Yeah! Every time I go to a basketball game (and this one time I went to the circus :eek:) He's there. Every time!

17. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Technically, allofmp3.com is not illegal, and when you join, you get a credit for downloads. Plus, it's only 2¢/mb so you can download lossless formats for less than what you pay for on iTunes (about 60-80¢). Otherwise, for the standard 128kbps AAC, it normally costs 6-8¢.

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Want free music? Go to the music/fine arts section of your school and find some hot musician to shack up with. Make sure they serenade you!

19. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Useful Post?>>>

What version of Java is installed on your system? A few months back Apple released a Java update that broke Limewire because it is based on specific Java code.

20. Project macrumors 68020

There is music you can download for free legally on Limewire and other P2P programs. Obviously, thats not what the thread starter was implying, but I dont think it would be right to close the thread or ban the guy or anything like that.

Man, try Aquisition. Its much better than Limewire in my opinion, as its built in cocoa and not the slowness that is java.