Limewire-very slow downloading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Laisgb, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Laisgb macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a Mac PowerBook G4 - version 10.4.8.

I used to use the Basic Limewire, which was downloading very slowly, from 0KB/s to 4KB/s (maximum). Normally it is 2 and 3KB/s, and just one of the files. If I have more files to download, they stay in a "need more sources", "waiting for busy hosts" and "waiting in line..." state.

So, I decided to upgrade to Limewire Pro, because it would be faster, according to the advertisement. Nothing happened, the annoying waiting remains. If I need to use the internet..., forget it. I noticed that even when I quit Limewire, the internet works, but slower than it used to be.

I know Limewire is very good, and the problem must be in somewhere relating to the connection.

Does anyone know what is going on? Does someone can help me? Could be some conflicting matter?

Thank you!
    :)

2. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

It might just be that your internet connection does not allow you to download faster than those speeds, but this seems unlikely.

If you connect through a router with a built in firewall, you cannot download from people that are also firewalled. Try port forwarding in that case. PortForward.com. Hope this helps.

3. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I would check around this forum. Many feel that Limewire is not very good on many levels. There are plenty of better options out there.

4. Laisgb thread starter macrumors newbie

Speed Downloading Solution

Hi!

That's Me answering my own question!

The reason for having a very slow speed couldn't be simpler! My "great finding" can help someone else who is looking for "major solution", when the solution is: CHECK YOUR MAXIMUM DATA ALLOWANCE from your provider! In my case, I reached 100%, being my speed reduced from 512 to 28.8kbps, to avoid paying excess download fee. So, if I don't want to pay for a better plan, I have to wait until next bill!

Hello 4nr-! Before realize how easy it was, I went for PortForward.com. It seems that it works just for windows. Thanx anyway!

Hi, CEAbiscuit! What are the better options? I'd like to try! Thank you!

Well, I hope this event can help someone out there!

Nice talk to you!
    Ana - :)

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

generally it is considered a no no to discuss the illegal acquisition of media in these forums.

6. n8236 macrumors 65816

Screw Transmission or Azureus, it's all about something that rhymes like HitTyrant lol