LimeWire Won't Open After Archive Install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aziz2, Mar 7, 2005.

1. aziz2 macrumors newbie

I did an archive install of OS 10.3 and since then I can't open LimeWire. I've repaired Disk Permissions and I did a search deleted all the folders that came up from a Find search of LimeWire. Even after all that, a reinstall still resulted in me not being able to open LimeWire.

What should I do?

2. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I assume you are new here...you need to avoid using MacRumors as a platform for troubleshooting LimeWire or any other program that allows the illegal transfer of copyrighted music or software.

No one here claims to be above the fray (not many at least), but that stuff just shouldn't be discussed here.

3. wtf123 macrumors newbie

I cant open limewire ?

Hey... I did install. Limewire, and i cant open it ? Then i unistall. it and i did delete all lw files and java files and try't again, but when i double klick on the limewire icon it WONT open ?? Pls... cant somebod help me.. ? Its driving me crazy..

peace... :confused:

4. wtf123 macrumors newbie

the same ..

somebody pls help me.... if you know what to do... pls drop a mail at: spshorty8@hotmail.com:eek:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's fine to talk about P2P apps here since technically they're legal. Maybe try installing or reinstalling the latest Java release. :)

6. wtf123 macrumors newbie

Yhea yo!

I already try'd that! But it wont work... Dont know wtf to do ?

Its making me mad...

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well check the Java Preferences (they're within some random folders in the Java folder in Utilities by default, not too hard to find though, maybe use Spotlight) to make sure your computer is set to use the latest Java. If it is set to 5.0, then toggle it to 1.4.2 and try again. :)

8. bfinnegan87 macrumors newbie

lime wire wont even open

i double click the icon and nothing happens. i allowed access through my firewall, and i have no virus protection right now because I'm having the same problem with my windows live one care. I've exhausted my brain trying to get this to work. once on my computer and now on my sisters. someone please let me know if theres something i can do. I paid for lime wire pro and i cant even open the application! HELP HELP HELP!!!