limewire

Discussion in 'macOS' started by woodydr, Aug 11, 2006.

1. woodydr macrumors newbie

ive just tried to download limewire,it downloads but it dont install :(

can anyone help me please?:)

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Can you be more specific? What happens when you double-click the .dmg file?

Regardless, limewire absolutely sucks. I'd recommend almost anything over it. It's probably a good thing it didn't install - maybe your Mac is smart enough to know better. :cool:

3. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I agree, avoid limewire alltogether. Its destroyed two of my computers-my imac (which i revived) and a dell laptop (which i am working on fixing)

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Not to go off subject, but LimeWire is riddled with Malware. I'd also stay away from it. As long as you aren't downloading anything illegal.. might I suggest Torrents?

5. zane macrumors 6502

Open it through an applications window in the finder opposed to trying to open it from your desktop.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

7. ducksrfr macrumors member

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Out of curiosity, what kind of malware is there for the Mac that this program is riddled with? An honest question.

9. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I've used Limewire since they released it. I've never had a problem with it. Works great for everything I've ever needed to download.

10. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

There are currently none that can harm a mac.. However, if you're downloading X and you get it, there is a good chance it is a piece of malware. Even though it won't harm you, it is still there and you never get your originally intended X download. Also, I am on a Windows Network and I def. don't want to pass it off to our Windows "Friends".:p Either way, I really just don't like Limewire and try to stay clear of it.

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Limewire is pretty good, also, If you worry about malware (which i didn't find any in limewire so far), you can use frostwire, its the opensource project of limewire.