Limited Inventory???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Apple Corps, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Our local COMPUSA has been very light on G5 Powermac and the new G5 iMac inventory. Yesterday I tried to find a dual 1.8 but was surprised that they had NO Powermacs in stock. They could only find a couple of dual 2s in their system. Demand for Apple's offerings is high, there are yield issues at the Fishkill plant - but I am sensing that some other "factor" may be at play :confused:

Too early for the 970mp to be working its way into production - new mobo for whatever reason (pci express?) - or just ongoing problems with demand/970fx supply?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Since the iMac and Powermac both share the 1.8Ghz chip, they are going to be low in stock for both Powermacs and iMacs with those chips. You might as well order online at the Apple store. Places like Compusa and other resellers are the last people to get things into stock. If you want to purchase and take home the same day, try an Apple Store near you, but even there it will be hard pressed to see them in there.

3. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68020

varmit - COMPUSA has been a great place to buy from - especially if it is in stock and/or there is a problem - SWAPPED OUT on the spot - no debate or "genius bar" to be dealt with. However, you are probably on the money with your response - Apple is short on inventory and Apple stores have the priority. So I'll probably order on Monday.