Limited # of burns

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jewelz22, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jewelz22 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a dumb issue. I had heard that you can burn iTunes playlists an unlimited number of times, yet I tried burning a playlist for several of my friends for Xmas and I got a message saying I reached the maximum number of times I could burn some of the songs I had bought legally through the iTunes store. It's not like I was in a commercial venture trying to make a profit- it was probably 11 tops. Has anyone else run into this? Is there any way to get around it?

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Thats right you should only be able to burn a playlist 7 times "You shall be authorized to burn an audio playlist up to seven times."
    Have a look Here In section 9. "Purchase of Apple Content"

Also gives you all the other limitations whilst buying from iTunes!

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It's not unlimited. IIRC, you can burn the same playlist which contains iTMS songs 5 times (edit... didn't know it was as many as seven? Perhaps I'm confusing with number of computers you can share with)

You could burn one - and then copy that CD but if you rerip, the quality will be slightly less.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

that playlist can only be burned a limited number of times.
    now if it were a slightly different playlist or deleted/recreated or renamed. i don't know.

5. moot macrumors regular

According to Apple, unique playlists containing bought iTunes bought songs can only be burned upto 7 times.

Apple and the music labels think that people would just burn and burn and give to friends and no-one would buy. After all, the music you bought should not be pirated.

However, it seems you can simply get around this by making a new playlist with the bought music.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/musicstore/burn/

Not sure if this works though as I have never tried.

6. jewelz22 thread starter macrumors newbie