Line in..shoutcast broadcasting.. w/ a mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Will Curran, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Hi, long time since I've posted because I backed away from the Mac scene for a while, but now I've got more questions!

Ok, well my question is somewhat complicating unless you know the subject... but is there an ability for me to broadcast off my turntables and mixer into the mac via a line in audio, and then into a software like Nicecast, which will broadcast my music (I'm experienced in shoutcast, and I'll be broadcasting to a external server).

I'm thinking about getting the iMic by Griffin, which should work if I'm right.. and then does Nicecast have a line in preference for broadcasting?

Also, I know for all the people who remember me in my famous "why or why not I should get a notebook vs desktop), well.. I'm thinking about iBook or iMac... I won't get into that...

Thanks for the help, and if you have anymore advice, it'd be very appreciated.

2. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I am trying to do the same exact thing. As of right now, I have to use my PC because I have shoutcast setup on it to do the broadcasting. I have been unsuccessful in finding an app that can do what you and I need it to do. This bites...

I would love to find a way to stream from my Line-In without having to pay for software. It's cheaper to run a 30 foot rca cord from my mixer to my PC rather than spend $40 on the NiceCast. I am not *that* desperate to be able to stream on my PB. heh

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

4. tekmoe macrumors 68000

this is obviously a very cold topic to most people on these forums. i really wish there was an easy way to do this for free. i guess broadcasting with mac is not very hot right now.

5. Will Curran thread starter macrumors regular

Will Curran

I bought Nicecast for one of my djs and it works fine for broadcasting off of iTunes, now I gotta have him test it via line in. I might just by a iMic or something for line in port.