Line spacing in Pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenvii, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    I've bought iWork recently. Before iWork, I write all my papers in TextEdit. It does the job just fine. But I'd like to start writing my papers in Pages (no concrete reason, just "why not?"). I pick "Blank", and started typing. I noticed the line spacing looks like it's already double spaced. But when I go into Inspector to check the line spacing, it says it's actually single spaced, and if I choose double spaced, it gets even more spaced apart. I don't want to look bad by handing in a paper with super-spaced lines, would look like I'm trying to cheese my way out of writing a full paper. I'm wondering, does the spacing end up looking different on paper? And why is single spacing so wide apart?
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I just started playing with pages on my iBook.

have you tried the Apple support forums?

Wish I could help more. :(
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    it does look quite wide on the screen for me too, what i would do is take a doc you have already written, print it out double spaced from Text Edit as you are used to, open it in pages, double space it Pages way, print and compare for yourself

i personally saw no difference between pages double spaced and word double spaced, both spaced it the same, although i think it was just the way i had things laid out that made it seem so much larger than it was
  4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2004
    St. Louis