Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
***Moderator Note: While Justin has made himself a public figure, he is also a MacRumors forum member. Consequently, personal insults directed at him are not permitted in the forums.

131951-justin_ipad_2_tent.jpg

Justin Wagoner's tent outside temporary Knox Street store in Dallas

With the iPad 2 set for launch at 5:00 PM on Friday and Apple not offering pre-orders, those looking to get their hands on the updated tablet device as soon as possible may find themselves facing long waits to secure spots near the front of their respective lines. And just like with the iPhone 4, Dallas resident Justin Wagoner has already pitched a tent outside his local Apple Store in order to be first in line for the iPad 2 launch on Friday.

One catch for Justin is that the Knox Street retail store that has been the usual location for his campouts is currently closed for expansion, with Apple now operating out of a temporary location around the corner.

131951-justin_ipad_2_in_store.jpg

Justin Wagoner passing time in-store waiting for iPad 2 launch

Seeking to capitalize on his growing publicity as an early camper for Apple devices, Justin has launched a new site at iJustinOfficial.com to document his wait. He will also be offering a live video broadcast on Ustream as the iPad 2 launches.

Article Link: Lines for iPad 2 Launch Begin as 'iJustin' Camps Out Once Again

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Wow, seriously? I wish I had that kind of time off. Of course, I'd be spending it with my family and having fun ... but whatever floats your boat.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Not. That. Exciting.

I'm sure he appreciates the free publicity MacRumors just provided, though.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I'm super excited for the iPad 2, but I find staying in lines days b4 the launch of the iPad or any product a little too much.

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
That is the ugliest Apple Store I have ever seen.

Nice rock planter. And geez, you think they could turn the water on the grass for a few minutes a day??

What a friggin' dump.

He probably put a tent there cause the place looked abandoned.

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Of course There's a guy In A Tent

People never camp out and brave the elements nights & days for a new model toilet seat. Yet, the lowly toilet seat is surely as important to daily life as is the mighty Mac.

Who can understand the human mind.

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
It will be interesting to see when most people get in line. I'm guessing about 8am on the 11th. Any other guesses?

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hope the comments about this guy are nicer than last time.

Omniblast

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010

Nice rock planter. And geez, you think they could turn the water on the grass for a few minutes a day??

What a friggin' dump.

It's a temporary store. The original store is undergoing renovations.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

What a friggin' dump.

Check out the Rockaway, NJ Apple store if you want to see embarrassment. It's about the size of your average kitchen and dining room.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Wow, just wow haha. Spending the week camped outside there just for the iPad 2. What on earth does he do to spend the entire week off waiting outside a store.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Oh god, It's Monday, how could he camp 4 Days? nobody will do that, I would understand a Sleeping bag the night before the launch if you're a fanboy, but that is just extreme.

And that comes from a guy that thinks that upgrading from the iPad 1 is extreme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.