Lining up for the Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by scburns123, Nov 13, 2006.

1. scburns123 macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity (so I myself and others know) what time are you lining up for the Wii? The Wal-Mart by me (Tampa, FL) is 24 hours, so I may get there at about 8-9pm (think that is early enough?!?) for a 12 midnight release, or I can go to the Circuit City down the road for a 10 am release (not sure what time to line up there), just want to know what time people are going to start lining up at so I can pretty much gaurantee a Wii Sunday the 19th.

What time are you guys/gals going at?

Shawn

2. peter32892 macrumors member

I would get there way earlier that is it you are planing on leaving with a wii because my sister and her boyfriend waited like 12hrs at walmart to get the 360.

3. scburns123 thread starter macrumors newbie

After reading around more on the thread and internet, I think I might go to wal-mart at 5ish or Target or Circuit City early.

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

The 360 at launch also had less that half of what Wii is launching with.

If you have time I'd say go a little earlier. If it's a popular area, you people are goin' to be at Walmart first, since it's 24hrs and what not.

6. peter32892 macrumors member

I know that the amount of supplies is completely different. Was just saying that only about 25 people at that walmart got a 360 and you will know as soon as you get there if you are going to get a wii or not because they hand out tickets to people in line. Also a good thing about the wii it doesn't come in different bundles like the ps3 or the 360 so everyone get the same thing and won't get stuck with the lower cost one. Also you may have people who couldn't get a wii begging to buy yours.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have a picture here of people lining up for a wii

[​IMG]

I hope they aren't dissapointed :D

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm sometime with my friend on Saturday! God I'm pumped to be camping out for the Wii!

9. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

So your excited to Camp out? Man, I'm dreading it. Anyone know if the regular Walmarts (non 24 hour) will be doing Midnight openings?

Its either that, Target, or Bestbuy for me.

I think I'll go either Saturday morning or afternoon.

10. funwithfunkis90 macrumors newbie

does anyone know if kmart will be carrying wiis? There is one right by my house and nobody goes to it so that would be pretty sweet.

11. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I just found out that a Toys 'R' Us right near me is doing a midnight launch, so I'm going to head over at 10 pm and see what I can do.:)

So psyched...:eek:

12. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

1 million units people! most stores are getting allocated more than what they initially expected. Camping out for a PS3 that has a minimum amount of units coming in sure, camping out for a system that you will readily be able to pick off of store shelves on release day or at worst the weekend after is plain ridiculous.

1 week after release Gamestop expects the first load of the 3 million more that will flow in to retail outlets by December 30th.

You cant compare the 360 and the Wii, Nintendo is releasing far more unit than MS did. essentially there will be 4 million unit in US stores by the end of December, waiting in line or camping is as foolish as the people that pay $450 for a pre-order one on ebay.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I thought Nintendo stated it would be 4 million 'worldwide' not stateside ?

But yeah I dont think there are going to be any problems generally with getting one in ALL territories.

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

How far away are they from the nearest store?! :eek: ;) :D

15. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

the strawberries i preordered from is only getting 1 Wii in total. Thank god i preordered back in july as I am the one that is getting it

^____^

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

what's strawberries eva? is that a chain of stores?

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congrats on the good luck of being the only one to receive a Wii from them eva01. :)

18. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

19. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Strawberries sells, music, movies, TV shows, anime, video games, and the such.

Yes only in New England and also was recently bought by Trans World Entertainment (FYE) along with suncoast and samgoody.

20. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

i'm walking into a store and picking one up on sunday. No lines, no preordering.

21. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

No pre-order / camp-out for me. :D

I'm traveling to my relatives for Thanksgiving, so I'd only have about 2/3 days to play a Wii before I left if I camped out for one. I plan on buying the beginning of December. :)

22. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Meh, Strawberries is the biggest rip-off... they tend to charge an extra $5 for all games a CD's when new. And even now the games are still priced at $50 or whatever the original msrp was.:confused:

23. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I agree with those few people above who posted that Nin is different from M$. I think it was a month ago that Nintendo released productivity details and they were approaching MASSIVE numbers. I don't see there being a shortage of Wii's. I remember when I lined up for the Gamecube I was 1 out of 15. The PS3 will be a different story though.

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

But why wait? I plan to get it as soon as possible, which is that night!(well really its early moring!)

Plus there are reports that Nintendo is not expecting there to be enough Wiis to go around! Either way I'll play it safe!

25. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Why not, if you want your Wii that bad, then I think that you should go for it. :)