Link on MR homepage to...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Geert, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I know most of you just look through the thread here
    , and some post

But wouldn't it be nice if there would be a permanent 'what's on yer desktop kinda thread'?

What do you all think of it, and of course it's up to the Gods to decide ;)

Why no poll? I'm not such a poll'er myself, I prefer to have a good discussion:p

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

That would take up a lot of extra space and bandwidth! As cool as that would be, I don't think the Gods would favor such a move. :D

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I agree it would be kool, but as Hemingray said the bandwidth and server space it would use up would be enormous! I'm sure the 'gods' are allready a bit concerend with the size and the bandwidth being used by the existing thread.

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I like those threads they are cool cause its intersting to see whats on other desktops.

I was the starter of both so maybe I should settle down on em
    maybe like once a month or less

5. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Well, what about a permanent thread where you can link to your current desktop? Or... somehow designate a link to such a site that will show up under your name and post count in every post?

Ex:

cleo
    Desktop: http://homepage.mac.com/cleo/desktop/

Does that make sense? I agree, I like the voyeuristic feel of those threads. :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

All because it would be cool?!? You don't have enough to do if you're worried about what's on the desktop. I find an image I like, sometimes something I've done, but don't give it much thought. Its not like I turn on my machine and just stare at the desktop, I hope you don't either.:rolleyes: