Linking Sheets in Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jimmieboy, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to link sheets together in microsoft excel? I want it so I can click on text(or picture if I must) and then it takes me to another sheet in the workbook. Can someone please help me?:)

2. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Have you tried assigning a macro to it that does the legwork for you?

3. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Yes, just record a macro that moves you to the correct sheet, and assign it to a picture or button (can't remember if cells can be used) with the OnClick command (or doubleclick if you don't fancy activating it accidentally).
    Remember to name it something meaningful, so that if you have several sheets you can reuse the macro as needed (e.g. a single macro can be used on every sheet to link to a menu page as the code is the same)

If you want to go to places on the same sheet, you can change it to relative reference to do something like move down 20 rows or whatever (useful for a page down command button).

4. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Thanks for that. Are you able to do a step by step process for me or is that too much? I'm just not sure how to create and then link the macro to my text/picture. Thanks

5. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502

Don't bother with macros. All you have to do is go to the insert menu, then click on hyperlink. You can make hyperlinks to other cells anywhere in your workbook. (Hyperlinks aren't just for websites.) You can make the text link say whatever you want, with any font or color, and have that be the link to the other part of your workbook.

6. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

I've tired to do that. Would you be able to write an example of what I should place in the hyperlink box?

7. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Tools-Macros-Record New Macro
    Give it a name
    Click to the sheet that you want to go to.
    Click stop recording

Insert an image or macro button on the original sheet. Richt click and select Assign new macro. Select the macro you recorded, and Roberts your parents brother.

It's been a while since I used macros, so this might be a bit out of date, but I'll check it out in work today and post later.

8. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Thanks heaps j26. I just created a macro and assigned it to an image. Robert is now my parents brother :p