Linksys USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER & Logitech mx900 compatibility?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by uspcommuter, Jun 27, 2005.

1. uspcommuter macrumors regular

Hey Y'all,

Recently got an iMac G3 with 1GB of ram running panther. Thinking about going wireless keyboard and mouse. I am thinking about getting a linksys usb adapter along with the mx900 from logitech? Does any one have this combination and does mac have the drivers to support both devices? Also and additional helpful experience would be appreciated. :)

2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I have the MX900 and despite what the box says, it works great. There are no drivers, but the extra buttons can be configured to expose and dashboard. Very handy!

3. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

The MX900 does come with a bluetooth adapter in the charging station, it should be noted. Not sure if plugging the charging station into the mac will make the mac think it's got a bluetooth adapter, or a mouse plugged in, though.

I have a powerbook, and used to have an MX900, but the poor bastard's got a broke mouse button, so I ordered a MS Intellimouse for Bluetooth (or something like that).

The MX900's only flaw is the lack of a "Off" button.

4. uspcommuter thread starter macrumors regular

:bump:
    So can I use the mx900 with the charging stating as my bluetooth adapter? or do I still need to get one? Also if I can use it as the adapter can it connect with other devices?

Thanks