Linksys wireless-b music station vs. airtunes

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by debo, Jun 13, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors member

Air tunes is STILL way better i believe....whoops... i didnt read the full description, seem you can connect it to different things... but they dont have the ease of using it with apple :D

i took a look into it, it has a fat LCD screen display, somethin that apple could have put into their airTunes, but that thing definately has no portability factor, not ot mention, the Airport Express is CHEAPER!

[EDIT] If you go to amazon.com and search it, youll see the reviews on it. The programming is horrible so it doesnt even work correctly! Serves ya right :p

3. macrumors regular

...so, no playing of iTMS AAC files. Unless you feel like going through the process of converting them all. No thanks.

4. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Isn't that just a wireless boombox? I'd rather use the cheaper Airtunes/Express setup and use my 600 watt Pioneer system routed through 6 speakers/channels than a cheap boombox. Not to mention, the Express is also a wireless G router so I am not having my Extreme network stuck at 11 mbps and I can use it for wireless printing on top of that. Besides, they sell that Linksys at Wal-Mart, so that just speaks volumes of its quality.