Linksys wireless card question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Powerbook G5, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    Does anyone know if those Linksys PCMCIA wireless cards work with a Mac? My roommate bought my old G3 PowerBook that was pre-Airport and wants to use my DSL connection that I have routed with a Linksys wireless router. I know that Linksys never admits to Mac compatibility but their products always work well with them, but since this would most likely need an actual driver to function, I am not sure if it would work or not. Has anyone tried it?
  2. Ph4lynx macrumors member

Apr 29, 2004
    University Place
    ive tryed it
    you need to install special drivers for it
    (i cant remember where i got those :mad: )
    but rest assured with the right amount of work it will work
  3. zulgand04 macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2002
    Northborough, MA
    I tried that a while back and it would't work, now if u find a compatible driver then it could work. I have an Aerocard which owrks great on my powerbook G3. here's the link to there site, you will prolly spend a lil more but you won't have the agervation of trying to get a driver. heres the site for the aerocard site.

But while i was looking atthe site i noticed they now offer a universal driver for pc-only cards looks like a good idea.

Heres a good place to find the cards i've bought from them mony times never a problem.
    cant seem to find a place selling the universal driver.

well i hope i helped, hope ur friend enjoys his Powerbook :eek: