Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
My PC is my main machine for a number of reasons and I am running Lindows on it but since there is little support for dial-up modems, I use my iBook to connect to the internet through a crossover cable.

I just did a reinstall of Lindows yesterday to fix some problems I had with it and at first I couldn't use the iBook as a hub, but after I fiddled around with some settings I got it to work.

Started it up again today and it couldn't connect.
Reset the same settings that got it to work yesterday and it still didn't work. Even rebooted both machines a couple times and still nothing.

I really hate to go back to Windows just so I can get on the internet.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
now that you have been using linux for a little while, why not try one of the more popular free distros?? gentoo and slackware are both great, with gentoo probably being the best available. when it comes to linux, nothing beats doing it yourself the right way.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Well I don't have the bandwith for one, it would take me forever just to download one ISO, plus everything is just easier on Lindows, if I had a working modem for it, I would hardly even touch the command line.
smiley.gif

Great community too, the forums are now open for non-members if you want to check them out.
smiley.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.