Lion and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by aleni, Feb 28, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

anybody with lion and CS5, is it compatible? any bug or incompatibility issue?

2. celticpride678

There are a few bugs but for the most part, it works.

3. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for the quick reply. anyway, with the dev release, can u update your snow leopard to lion to make it a primary OS, does it interfere with your itunes library and have to make your iDevices restored as new?

5. macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

but do u need to restore the iPhone as new? or the library is still intact?

7. macrumors newbie

How did you install it? Adobe's custom installer for Master Collection CS5 does NOT work under Lion.

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

i installed lion over my SL so i don't have to reinstall CS5. it works!

9. macrumors newbie

I used migration assistant to bring CS5 over and it worked fine.

10. macrumors member

87racer

I did a fresh install of Lion on a separate partition and used the cs5 master collection installer to install illustrator photoshop and premiere pro and it worked perfectly with no issues and i have seen no issues using photoshop at all.

11. macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Nope, didn't need to do anything. Works as if nothing happened.

12. macrumors newbie

Adobe CS5.5 Does NOT work with new Apple Lion OS

I have Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite and I just loaded Lion and Adobe CS5 No longer works can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue. I uninstalled it and re installed it yet I am receiving the same error message. When I go to run any of the applications in the suite it says that "Java must be installed in order for the application to open. and since I am not connected to the internet it cannot run". but the problem is I am connected to the internet. It is driving me crazy. does anyone know of any fixes for this issue?

13. macrumors member

87racer

The can't suite applications require java. You could try running software update and installing the latest java. If it doesn't show in software update try going to a website that uses java and it will prompt you to install it.

14. macrumors regular

Hmm, I just installed the trial of CS5.5 Production Premium (though I have yet to open any of the main apps) and it installed just find on Lion GM...without having Java installed.

I'm assuming that either 5.5 doesn't require Java or that I will be asked to install Java upon running a main app like Photoshop for the first time.

15. macrumors 6502

basher

There was a post about this a week or so ago. I think the resolution was to make sure you have Internet hooked to the Mac via a wired connection. I think those that were connecting via WiFi were having the issue you describe. Not being able to download and install Java.

Hope this helps ya!

16. macrumors regular

cs5 12.04

CS5 12.04 works lovely with lion so far...im just wondering if there is going to be fullscreen and resume update.

17. macrumors 6502a

djsound

I attached an image can anyone tell me if my computer will run Lion? thanks....

If will have an option to install over SL without losing everything? I dont want a clean install

Attached Files:

18. macrumors member

CS5.5 Master Collection installed great for me in Lion.

Mind you, I only use DW, PS, ID and IL.

19. macrumors newbie

I upgraded to Lion yesterday, couldn't wait!

I got home from work today, went to crank up InDesign, and NOTHING HAPPENED. NONE of my Adobe CS5 programs start except Bridge and Acrobat!

I tried running updates and I am up to date on everything. Desperately seeking assistance as to a fix for this.

As far as running Java, I am getting no message whatsoever. I wish it would tell me something, but that is interesting, I will try hard wiring for the time being.

20. macrumors newbie

This solved it. Crazy!!!!

I didn't even get a message when I tried to launch Java Preferences in Utilities folder.

You have to go to Apple and download it.

Fixed the problem immediately.

LINK HERE

21. macrumors member

my computer has been very laggy and whatnot but WOW, Photoshop worked great. I just had to do the Java download.

It is CS5 too, not 5.1 or 5.5

22. macrumors member

Thank you! Great tip.

23. macrumors 6502a

Photoshop has a memory leak and is unusable on my iMac.

24. macrumors 68030

baryon

The 64-bit version of Photoshop CS5 indeed has a huge leak. Switch it to 32-bit mode by right clicking Photoshop.app and in Get Info, choosing "Run in 32-bit mode". And voila! Photoshop is almost as fast as CS3 used to be.

25. macrumors newbie

photoshop serials

I had managed to install and deactivate the serials of Photoshop CS 5 on Snow Leopard through the "Console". However, when I upgraded to Lion, I lost the crack I made, since the commands I had don't work anymore. Can anyone tell me how I can make it again? Thanks!