Lion battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kornelis, Jul 23, 2011.

1. macrumors member

In a Dutch Mac forum I saw some people reporting that their battery life under Lion was much less than when they used Snowleopard. Did anyone notice this with their (11") 2010 Macbook Air?

I like to know this before I update because I use my Air unplugged a lot.

2. macrumors 6502

thatisme

Not sure about the air, but it does seem to reduce battery time on my 2008 mbp. I figure around 20%less under lion

3. macrumors 65816

MultiFinder17

This always happens when a new version of OS X comes around - battery life takes a dip with the x.0 release, and then will get back to its previous level within a version or two. I've noticed a little bit of a drop on my 2009 Air with Lion.

4. macrumors regular

With all the new functions, especially the autosave property, it's not surprising.

5. macrumors 6502

I have a 2010 11.6 ultimate. I upgraded, and you have to take this with a grain of salt because it is so recent, but I haven't noticed anything significant for me so far (like half). I'm still likely getting in that 4 to 5 hr range for my use (over half brightness, web surfing, wifi on, word work). I've used for over two hours this morning, and I still have over 50% left, for example.

Of course, who knows if I'm actually getting 15 to 30 minutes less. Won't know that for awhile, if ever.

6. macrumors regular

My battery life seems to have increased. I get about 4 hours now on my 2008 mb instead of 2-2.5 before installing lion.

7. macrumors 6502a

hopefully this will be the case this time as well, as my 11" MBA could use some more juice. i got so spoiled with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1's battery life (9 hours easy)