Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kokichi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Hey everyone, I have an irritating bug that I can't seem to find any help for online. I can drag and drop a folder to the "Favorites" sidebar in Finder and have it stay there for easy access - just like I could do in Snow Leopard. However, since using Lion, whenever I restart my computer, all the folders under "Favorites" that I added (via dragging and dropping) disappear. The only folders that will remain even after I reset the computer are the ones that I select from going to Finder -> Properties -> Sidebar. Is there any reason why my folders keep disappearing? Am I completely missing something that they added in Lion that wasn't an issue in SL? Thanks for your help!

amyc

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Boulder, CO
me too!

I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm having the exact same problem. (Thought you might want to know you're not totally crazy!)

I also cannot drag my files over to the sidebar (have to use command T to get them into the sidebar) and then once I open a file from the sidebar, it disappears.

Anyone know how to fix? Thanks!

amyc

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Boulder, CO
Re: are they folders from an external

No. They're local files. I've had these folders in my sidebar for years and it's just since I upgraded to Lion that they've begun to disappear.

Apple Jam

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
Sidebar folders vanish

from the sidebar, but they are still intact in their expected locations. It is like something cause the sidebar to "forget" my customizations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.