Lion Dev 2 update 1 bugs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by karsten, Apr 16, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

karsten

Post known bugs here so we can compare notes

what i've found:

-Photobooth hangs at black screen, taking a picture crashes the program (2010 MBP 17" built-in iSight)

2. macrumors regular

Dewroo

on a late 2006 iMac, Various rendering errors resulting in a white space where visual content should be. most noticeable in Dock and Mission control windows.

3. bushido, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011

macrumors 604

bushido

switching back and forth between safari in full screen and mission control leaves the "grey" background bit on top beneath the address bar

[​IMG]

4. lee14160, Apr 17, 2011

macrumors regular

lee14160

I don't have that problem, but it places the background onto my second monitor. When that happens it covers over any app running on the second monitor (darn).

5. macrumors 6502

The screenshot of the app on mission control may not match the real window (for me it happened with Firefox)

Desktop wallpapers reset itself to the one before once the computer goes to sleep.

6. macrumors regular

Diskimage helper while mounting a 5Gb dmg ... gobbled down nearly 3 Gb of memory! Unbelievable!

Attached Files:

7. bushido, Apr 17, 2011

macrumors 604

bushido

there seems to be some sort of bug in safari

i can't use "^^" on my safari browser

this is what happens

[​IMG]

oh and look what happened to the bottom of the browser in general, half of the fb chat is gone

8. celticpride678

Biggest bug for me is that the menu bar icons move around when going to the desktop.

9. macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Have in issue with preview freezing my MBA. Needed to hard reboot

10. macrumors newbie

I found a bug in DP1 and DP2: My Mac Pro 2010 (ATI 5870, passiv Mini-DP to HDMI converter) is connected to a Pioneer AV receiver via HDMI. It seems that the audio signal changes about every 3-4 seconds from LPCM to Dolby Digital. This happens even when no App is running.

It seems that the audio signal the Mac puts out permanently switches between two different formats. A rather nasty bug.

Same setup works perfectly with 10.6 without any flaws and issues.

Chris

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

karsten

screen sharing seems broken since dev2 update 1 :/ this over SSH connection, haven't tried regular

12. macrumors 68000

Safari is more unstable than Francium (Fr)

13. celticpride678

Yup, that too. Whenever I zoom or quit Preview, it freezes.

14. ssn637, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

macrumors 6502

Funny, I haven't noted that problem yet with Preview in this update.

However, whenever I try to add a library to the Spotlight Privacy list by clicking the + button at the bottom, Spotlight crashes. I can, on the other hand, drag and drop partitions to the list.

I've also lost audio volume control for the loudspeakers. The volume icon is greyed out and I can't change volume settings using the hotkeys either.

15. macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

I was just about to post this one; it seems to happen randomly and only a reboot fixes the issue.

16. bushido, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

macrumors 604

bushido

my volume is changing but the icon isnt. has happened with D1 before but not with D2 as far as i know until update 1

edit: might not be a bug but when u switch between spaces using 3 fingers, the background is no longer a grey pattern which i liked, its simply black now

[​IMG]

17. macrumors 6502

antmarobel

I have thousands of pictures inside Images Folder. When I try to change the background using one of my beloved pictures ( you know, from Interfacelift or WallpaperWide ) via System Preferences or via right click on the desktop to change desktop background System Preferences crashes almost all the time.:confused:

18. macrumors 6502a

It seems in the push to fix the deleting issues in LaunchPad, they made a continuous sync with the Apps folder, and hence you cannot personalise LP anymore.

LP simply reset every so often, and any changes you may make to it, simply disappears.

Bo