Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

striatum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
It always fails with "no internet connection" errors (of course Internet is on).
Any ideas?

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
You'll have to download it manually from Apple...But I think you have to be a developer to do that, since I did it through the Developers site...:p

TheAppleDragon

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
It always fails with "no internet connection" errors (of course Internet is on).
Any ideas?
As mentioned in the post above, Apple has decided to exclude Java in Lion. You have to download it manually, though it should prompt you in a popup and give you the option to get it - not tell you you have no internet connection. :p

intoxicatedmac

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
WORKED IT OUT! (For me anyway)

I discovered what the problem was after attempting a few times to install various versions of the java runtime....

If you get the error message indicating you have no internet connection (and subsequently do not get the option to download Java runtime It's because you are using wifi! (at least it was for me)

I decided to try connecting via the built in LAN adapter and voila! no more error and I got the option to download Java.

I needed this to run Adobe CS5 and now I can run every time without problems...

There are a number of other bugs in OSX Lion that I've come across (mostly with Gestures and Mission Control) so I'm going to go through the other posts on the site!

Hope this helps someone.

palyons

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
There is actually a really simple way to get Java, without any hassle at all, as long as you're familiar with Terminal.

All you have to do is go to LaunchPad > Utilities > Terminal
and from there simply type, sudo java followed by your user account password.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
There is actually a really simple way to get Java, without any hassle at all, as long as you're familiar with Terminal.

All you have to do is go to LaunchPad > Utilities > Terminal
and from there simply type, sudo java followed by your user account password.

this works, Thanks!

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got a prompt to download Java when I tried to run Cyberduck for the first time after installing Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.