Lion DP4 and iWork Save-on-Quit Issue

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ooninay, Jun 15, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I've noticed since installing Lion DP4 that none of my iWork programs prompt me any more when quitting to ask if I want to save changes I've made to a document. The program (Pages and Numbers) just quits without saving. Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't tried Keynote yet to see if it does the same thing because I seldom use it. Word and other applications continue to prompt me to save first.

2. macrumors 6502a

It's a feature. It automatically saves.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I read about that new feature, but I don't see any evidence of it. When I re-open the document my changes aren't there. Does it have to be specially activated?

4. macrumors member

Mine dose the same thing. Its a bug. We have to wait for iWork to get updated in order for auto-save to work in those apps.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Ah, okay. As long as it's not just me. Thanks!

6. thread starter macrumors member

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved with the Lion GM released to developers yesterday.

7. macrumors 68030

In which way? Does it ask to save, or does the OS successfully save on quit?

8. macrumors newbie

Is there a way to avoid "Save on Quit" nightmare?

Maybe Snow Leopard did this, but I never noticed it. Mountain Lion definitely does: Quitting automatically saves. I see this referred to in the thread as a "feature." :mad: I know Mac lovers love their mac's, but when I deleted a large amount of text unintentionally and then quit, I was astounded to find it gone forever. Is there any way to disable this so-called feature? Save means save; quit means quit. Whatever geniuses decided to change quit to mean save in a document or spreadsheet (yes, I know, it's standard in such things as calendars, notes, and contacts) without prompting is putting orthodoxy above functionality. Help!