Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maxtoid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
So, at first it was slightly annoying, then it became fairly aggravating, and now it's just incredibly upsetting. Apparently, for no reason at all (I've seen reports regarding CPU usage, but I swear it does it sometimes when I'm heavily using the CPU, and sometimes when I'm doing virtually nothing), Lion just all of a sudden brings me to the login screen, effectively logging me out and causing me to lose whatever it was I was doing. This happens I'd say several times weekly, and I'm wondering if it has happened to anyone else, and if so, does anyone have any idea towards a solution?

I am sort of wondering if this is Apple's way of avoiding a kernel panic... which seemed pretty frequent on the 2011 mbp with SL, but of which I haven't received one of on lion. Hmmmmmm

Amberfool

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Yes I've recently had that problem too. Has happened twice now, both times when I was in Safari (full-screen) right after waking the machine up. It froze and then threw me back on to the login screen. Luckily resume made the login process slightly less annoying, but it is still a nuisance. Hopefully they fix it in the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.