Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWonderwhy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Can anyone out there with Lion provide a demo/screenshots of the Preview app (the one that displays PDFs, images, etc), I am curious to see how it works.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
attachment.php

attachment.php

Josh7890

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Can anyone with Lion installed check and see if Preview (and other OS X PDF rendering) still has the issue with some fonts in PDF's not displaying the letter "A"?

Last edited:

Krazyrogue

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
Can anyone please check if you can view all images in a folder with the Preview app by opening one image. For example, double-click on a image, Preview opens up, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard or mouse to see the rest of the images in that folder.

Current behavior now is to select all or drag all to preview to see all images.

Thanks.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Can anyone please check if you can view all images in a folder with the Preview app by opening one image. For example, double-click on a image, Preview opens up, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard or mouse to see the rest of the images in that folder.

Current behavior now is to select all or drag all to preview to see all images.

Thanks.

Yep, such a stupid behavior. Lets hope they have finally fixed that!

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Well, hopefully not. I really like that behavior. It makes total sense. :)

Huh, it really does not make sense.. Why shouldn't you be able to easily view the rest of the images in the folder? And why would you like this (gimped) behavior as it is now?

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I want to browse through exactly the pictures I've selected. Makes sense to me.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
I want to browse through exactly the pictures I've selected. Makes sense to me.

Err OK that's still possible, but if YOU select JUST 1 picture, you don't have to use the prev / next buttons or whatever might change in lion if they were smart.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Actually no. That would make it totally inconsistent and wouldn't be a smart step at all. The buttons are for switching between open files or their individual pages.

Krazyrogue

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
It doesn't necessarily need to be a fix. I'm sure some people like it the way it is. It needs to be an option for the people that don't like it that way, like me and wesleyh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.