Liquid Cooling Older Dual 2.0Ghz G5 Powermac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by somewhataureliu, Jun 25, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a liquid cooling system for the older G5's? I know some of the newer top end G5's are liquid cooled. Would it even be worth it to add one? As it is my computer runs in the upper 60's(celsius).

2. Guest

iGary

That's about where it should run.

3. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

The upper 60s is fine. There is not need to put a liquid cooling system in your computer.

4. macrumors G4

Mord

i wouldn't want the leakage risk.

5. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Liquid cooling isn't required unless you do use a lot of high performance applications, all the time. Most pros don't even use liquid cooling.

I knew a guy that had liquid cooling in his gaming/flight simulation rig and it leaked-destorying all of his custom software (and some of the hardware).

6. macrumors 601

mjstew33

I *highly* doubt that they would leak.. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 601

eXan

If dual 2GHz G5 required liquid cooling, Apple would have included it in the standard pakage.

My iMac's CPU runs at 70-76 degrees C all the time and I have no problems with that, so 60C is ok.

8. macrumors G4

You cannot add liquid-cooling to a PM G5. Apple matches each processor to its cooling unit. The case is designed to accomodate the cooling air flow. If you want liquid-cooling, then you have to buy a computer that is liquid-cooled.