Liquid Cooling?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by RobHague, Nov 1, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

I just got my new PowerMac today, and set it up and everything and couldnt resist a quick peak inside the case. It does look a little different in there :) noticed a big honking heatsink on the board that i dont remember seeing before.

Anyway the thing is at the bottom of the case there is a little sticker saying something along the lines of "If you see liquid, contact Apple Support".

Is that a generic "If you see strange liquid in your case PANIC!" or.... didnt the 2.7's have this written in them? I don't remember it being in my old 2.3 case. Maybe i just didnt see it. Do the new cooling systems involve heatpipes?

The system is a LOT quieter than the old 2.3 was. I have not heard the fans spin up high at all yet.

2. macrumors 6502

My dual 2.5GHz (Rev B) has that sticker on it, this was the first machine to have liquid cooling, the 2.7 had it as well, but i dont think the 2.3's had it. What model is your new PM? Enjoy it :)

3. Guest

iGary

Which one did you get?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the thing, i got the 2.3 Dual-Core. And it has that sticker in the corner. :confused:

5. Guest

iGary

Hrrm...I though only the quads (according to MacWorld) were to be liquid cooled, but I did notice the water-cooled raditor-type fins on the website.

Call and ask. :D

6. macrumors 6502

If you can post a pic showing what is behind the heatsink face plate. (i.e. take a pic at like a 45º from the front of the case looking into the case)
    If it is still the same design as my PM it should show whether or not there is a radiator there or just a normal heat sink.