Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinisterdesign

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2003
atlanta
hmmm, i wanted to take a friend to one of the Atlanta stores this evening to show her the Air (she's a borderline Switcher, just needs a nudge).

let us know if anyone hears about demo units in their local stores...

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
hmmm, i wanted to take a friend to one of the Atlanta stores this evening to show her the Air (she's a borderline Switcher, just needs a nudge).

let us know if anyone hears about demo units in their local stores...

no demo units out in Atlanta today, but as it looks now my appt is a go for tomorrow morning which would mean demo units as well.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
topanga apple says to check back tomorrow. They confirmed they are doing the change tonight and should have demos tomorrow at the minimum.

sherman oaks says call back later, we are waiting too

beverly center: did not no, this week or next week

northridge: none and not sure when they are getting them

santa monica: none and not sure when they will get them

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
Santa Monica

Santa Monica Store said they hoped to get some in tonight.

Simi Valley said not until Monday.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
San Francisco (Flagship Store) - More worrisome, they said that it will only be able to PREVIEW tomorrow, but not sure on when actual sales will begin

Thanks for checking, villanova, since I'm leaving for Jackson Hole, WY at 7:30a tomorrow that's great news for me! :D I will be picking mine up on Saturday afternoon in the midst of massive Apple pandemonium! :D :cool:

sfreni

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Northeast

Called Burlington, MA ; Peabody MA and Salem, NH all said they did not have them. Burlington indicated they should have them early next week.

hachiman

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I was at the Providence Mall today and they didn't have any on display. I asked one of the guy and he said he doesn't know when it will be available.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2007
This is really very helpful. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to gather and post this info. :D

Doodledoo

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
None of the stores in Canada (Toronto - Yorkdale, Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens/Laval - Carrefour Laval) have any. They all said the exact same thing; they'll be in sometime next week. Sherway Gardens blamed customs. Yorkdale offered to take contact information, saying they'd send out an e-mail or a phone call as soon as they arrived.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
None of the stores in Canada (Toronto - Yorkdale, Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens/Laval - Carrefour Laval) have any. They all said the exact same thing; they'll be in sometime next week. Sherway Gardens blamed customs. Yorkdale offered to take contact information, saying they'd send out an e-mail or a phone call as soon as they arrived.

Damn. I was just about to go to Sherway to check them out :(

Unconsoled

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2005
Rain City WA
Seattle Stores

None of the 3 in the local area (Alderwood, U Village and Bellvue) have them or not saying. I got an "I can't tell you yet." From 2 of the stores.

Curious. Not a yes or a no........

tennisplaayer11

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
Bethesda, Maryland (near DC) stores:

Montgomery Mall: "Any day now"
Bethesda Row: "In the next couple of days"

Any MR members out there from Maryland?

fosters2

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Not in store yet in Delaware. Spoke to Manager and they are coming. Just don't know when.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
I've pretty much am content with the possible fact that they were told to just act "stupid" about the subject. Because if you think about it, how can any worker be THAT clueless "uhhh... we don't know, try in a couple of weeks." If that was the case Steve Jobs wouldn't have said 2 weeks if he wasn't serious about it. Because honestly, Apple is trying to gather more crowds with their merchandise, and they wont be attracting new customers if they are only going to serve just those who pre-ordered. The Air hype isn't as big as the iPhone, so they're going to need to put units out there so that people can actually feel it before they purchase it, can't just look at a pre-order screen or a keynote.

So I'll give up for today and hope for the best tomorrow.

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
NJ-- none available as of now...possibly tomorrow i was told by one of the stores, but thy may only have demo units and none for sale

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Austin Domain - Says "Don't know"
Austin Barton Creek Mall - "Maybe this weekend"
Dallas Northpark - On Display, not sure when they will be for sale
Dallas/Plano Woodlands - Maybe Next Week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.